• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 32 bit

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use an add-in that is only available currently for 32 bit which I wasn't aware of when I upgraded my Adobe Acrobat Pro DC version to 64 bit. I can't find a link to the 32 bit installer.  Can I reinstall the 32 bit version?

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. 

Please remove the application using the Acrobat cleaner tool https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html reboot the computer and reinstall the application using the link https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html

To stop the Acrobat Reader DC 32-bit application from automatically upgrading to the 64-bit version, create the following registry key before the first launch of the application

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I have shared more details with you in private message please check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any way you could share this information with others?

I am in the same situation and need to get the 32-bit version installed and NOT 64-bit.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please share this with me too as I'm having the same issue. just put Acrobat Pro on a new comuter (with creative cloud) to find it is the 64bit version and my essential plug in doesn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. 

Please remove the application using the Acrobat cleaner tool https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html reboot the computer and reinstall the application using the link https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html

To stop the Acrobat Reader DC 32-bit application from automatically upgrading to the 64-bit version, create the following registry key before the first launch of the application as described in the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/about-acrobat-reader-dc-migration-to-64-bit.html
Note: Steps are the same for Acrobat DC

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I didn't use the cleaner/uninstaller as I ploughed on before your answer, but followed the installer link and disabled auto updates in the preferences. My plug in is working again but not sure what will happen in the future if 32 bit isn't supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can expect that one day, perhaps soon, 32-bit Acrobat on Windows will not be supported. I suggest you plan for that future, when your 32-bit only plug-in will not work. Time to look for alternatives, upgrades or replacements - rather than being hit by it suddenly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, what I'm finding now is that this 32bit version is playing havoc with page placement when printing. I though it was my RIP ppd but it is happening with a Samsung office laser printer too. Very strange results that don't have any consistency at the moment, but the page appears to have large offset margins so some image is cropped off, or I get "page won't print" messages then get a blank page. I can see other people have had similar issues with Acrobat in the past and it seems to be related to margins/page size. I'm a bit flummoxed.

(The plugin upgrade is many £100s and we only need to use a fraction of what it offers, so will hold out as long as poss and try to overcome any problems,  as we usually do - micro business, hard times!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should start a new post for this. This is a different issue (how to get the 32-bit installer) and your new post will get lost when buried in an existing post. 

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dears, is there a way to install Acrobat DC 32 Bits using 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\ACC\Creative Cloud.exe which is under the 32 Bit folder ?

Rather than installing it via the link provided ? thx a lot, Frédéric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Mac or Windows?

Mac is 64 bit due to the OS. 

Most Windows installers are 32 bit by default. For example, with the Creative Cloud or Technical Communication Suite. 

You can find some installers here:

https://prodesigntools.com/acrobat-dc-2022-direct-download-links.html

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines