Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe acrobat pro dc - All pdfs appear with a yellow background

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning

Its not a functional problem but an aesthetic one.

A big one.

I must have done something because since yesterday, all the pdfs in my computer appear with a yellow (instead of white) background.

They print fine, when I send them to others they open them and look fine....however in my PC the pdfs have a yellow background

What can I do?image.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

This worked to fix this issue for me:

go to ‘Edit’
then ‘Preferences’
Select ‘Accessibility’
Check ‘Replace Document Colors’
Select ‘Use Windows Color Scheme’
Press ‘OK’

There's a couple of other posts on this issue since recent update. Adobe are aware and investigating.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked to fix this issue for me:

go to ‘Edit’
then ‘Preferences’
Select ‘Accessibility’
Press ‘OK’

There's a couple of other posts on this issue since recent update. Adobe are aware and investigating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I LOVE you mate

You have nailed it

Problem sorted

Thanks a milion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2021 Sep 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select ‘Accessibility’

Ugh, stop promoting this temp solution!

The above option only fixes some of the simpler documents from my end created from Word documents.

The more complex PDF documents with graphics, logos, colored fonts will still retain that weird yellow background.

Adobe needs to elevate this to the top as a priority to resolve. It's not working for many Acrobat users. The accessibilty option is not the solution!

Check out my attached PDF for example. Using the accessibilty option makes the document even worse if you can believe it. Try to fix it yourself on your end using the accessibilty option and see what I'm talking about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto here...the Windows Accessibility option does not work. Has anyone found a solution?

I can't be sharing documents with clients that have this background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had same problem, but later found out that some of my images were yellow in Windows Photo app, too, so I  thought it might be a Windows-wide issue. The solution here worked for me:

How To Fix Windows Photo Viewer Displaying Yellow Or Orange Tint For White and Transparent Images - ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting - will be curious to see if those with the issue find this as a solution.  I haven't had the yellow issue (yet!).

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 04, 2023 Oct 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CORRECT SOLUTION IDENTIFIED -- The solution offered by Zekun5DE5 stopped Acrobat Pro from displaying yellow backgrounds.   The secret is entering W10 Control Panel - Color Management and changing the default color profile for my monitor to sRGB IEC61966-2.1.   Once that was successfully done, the background color of my PDF documents returned to white.  Zekun5DE5 provided the link to an article with instructions for implementing the solution, which is:  How To Fix Windows Photo Viewer Displaying Yellow Or Orange Tint For White and Transparent Images 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This "fix" (its not really a fix) only works for very basic pdfs consisting of balck text only.

Anything with images etc will not be helped by this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This quick fix made my document worse. Please fix this Adobe!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the above instructions and it didn't work at all for me.  This started happening a few days ago.  All my reports are now yellow.  Are there any other suggestions on how to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can try right clicking the yellow part on your document, next click properties, a dialog box with three tabs appears. Under the appearance tab there are options for color and opacity. You can just change the color to white and it will get rid of the yellow. I still dont know why document get highlighted yellow. could be a bug. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just finished a 4 hour remote session with Adobe on this issue. They've finally decided it's a bug with the last update. They rolled back my version, but it didn't fix it. BUG: ADC-4341292 Hopefully they'll roll out an update soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may not be an adobe update issue but a windows update issue as I've also noticed certain windows apps like the the "photos" app display white within text/imagery as that tawny pale yellow.

joep94083698_0-1632337402763.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm...I'm not having the Photo issue. And I'm only having the issue with some random PDF's. Not all of them are yellow. Some of them just have a yellow border. And some of them are just fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I was able to fix the yellow background within the photos app that was a windows color management issue. Once I set that to sRGB IEC61966-2.1  the yellowing went away in the photos app but the PDF yellowing was still present.  So there definitely is an issue within Acrobat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the suggested fix does not work.  It only changes the background color of the document not white text or white colors used within images:

joep94083698_0-1632336966593.png

This never used to happen it only started happening recently after a recent update.  This might also be a windows issue as the "photos" app also displays white within images as this tawny yellow as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you able to resolve this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - no, the issue is still ongoing and no patch or update from Adobe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm almost afraid to say anything lest I jinx it, but all my PDF's seem to be fine this morning. No yellow anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same and this resolved the issue, at least for the time being. Question is why did this suddenly happen? I did not do anything out of the ordinary. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently installed Windows 11. Don't know when my adobe apps last updated. This is what "works/worked" for me. YMMV.

Solution 1 (After getting help from adobe chat support)

• Adobe Acrobat DC: Edit> Preference>Color Management> Select "Monitor Color" from the "Setting:"
     Dropdown.
  • Photoshop: Edit> Color Settings> Select "Monitor Color" from the "Setting:"
     Dropdown.

Result: White is White

Cons?: I don't know much about how this is linked to a color calibration profile set on the OS, so I'm not sure if this method does anything to color accuracy if that's important to you (it is for me).

Solution 2 (ICC Profile in OS )

Access Color Profile on Windows: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/about-color-management-2a2ed8fa-cf09-83c5-e55c-d1428519f...

I don't have a mac but maybe this would be the same: https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/change-your-displays-color-profile-mchlf3ddc60d/mac

Before these solutions, I reset my photshop settings to default and uninstalled/reinstalled my Adobe Acrobat.

• 2A - Check what ICC profile your OS is using. If it's not sRGB IEC61966-2.1, switch it to that to see if it fixes it.
    • If you have Adobe Acrobat/Photoshop open when you do this, close it and then open to see if it's fixed.
      • If this solution works, whatever profile you were using previously may have an issue.
      • Recalibrate your monitor and test the programs with your new calibrated profile set as default on your OS (This last point is if you have a calibration tool).
  • 2B - If the above option doesnt work, which didn't for me on this occasion, I deleted all color profiles that were specifically calibrated for my monitor, then set it sRGB IEC61966-2.1, restarted my PC and then tested again. This worked for me. That should be it for you unless you collabrate your monitors. I recalibrated my monitor with my SpyderX and set my new color profile. All is good now.

Solution 3

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/adobe-acrobat-pro-dc-all-pdfs-appear-with-a-yello... 

This one is a fix through "accessibility" settings in Adobe Acrobat and truthfully I feel it's not a great one. Although it appears to make white backgrounds actually look white, if you have PDFs with artwork or perhaps other media (not just text and the background" you''ll notice color differences. I work in design and this is no good for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE - WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO ADDRESS THIS ISSUE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having this issue over a month after this was posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has to be fixed.  I am seeing dozens and dozens of reports of this issue.  It is widespread, and has been 'on the ground' for weeks now.  I read in a different thread a few weeks ago that Adobe is aware and is working on the issue.  But weeks?  

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines