Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe acrobat pro dc - All pdfs appear with a yellow background

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning

Its not a functional problem but an aesthetic one.

A big one.

I must have done something because since yesterday, all the pdfs in my computer appear with a yellow (instead of white) background.

They print fine, when I send them to others they open them and look fine....however in my PC the pdfs have a yellow background

What can I do?image.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

This worked to fix this issue for me:

go to ‘Edit’
then ‘Preferences’
Select ‘Accessibility’
Check ‘Replace Document Colors’
Select ‘Use Windows Color Scheme’
Press ‘OK’

There's a couple of other posts on this issue since recent update. Adobe are aware and investigating.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! what a relief - it's been driving me crazy!!!! - it even printed a yellow page for me the other day.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i still print a yellow page, other pdf program print page is simpler than adobe, but likely need to change to other

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is still showing yellow on screen on all pdf's. It even prints out with a different shade, where it wouldnt before. My work around is to just set it to Print as image and it takes away the shading. Atleast I can print properly. Still not reflecting as it should on screen. I use Adobe Reader. File / Print / Advanced / Print as Image

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Acrobat Reader DC Version 2021.007.20099 I found the correct settings (Replace Document Colors - Use Windows Color Scheme) navigating to: Edit > Preference  > Accessibility. 
This setting is not available when you open the Accessibility in the Edit Submenu.

imjack2_0-1637138467928.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to print my document with adobe reader, this yellow error is cost me. what you thing (and it should be) white  background when you print it, sometimes the background become yellow. But if use other program or the web one, it have white background and print correctly all the time.

I suspect, this error because of the color or black and white switch.

because when i use black and white, i print fine without any background at all altough the preview windows show the yellow background thing that should be white.

But if i print with colour in adobe, this yellow thing happen. in preview it show white background but when print....

TADA.... there is yellow background in my paper.

weird right. Not only it happen in my screen, (the page is white with yellow background and if i use that preference -> change color it correct the problem) but it happen when i print the file too (and that fix make it worse because i don't know what adobe will do with the background when i print it)

and maybe i know a little bit about this yellow thing. what thing get a yellow background is image. (altough likely file downloaded as pdf from mobile and transfer to pc adobe look at it it as full image page). when convert from word the sentence is fine without yello dude, but image in file is get the yellow treatment. If i transfer file scan with camscanner, adobe think it as image and give the yellow treatment too. the conclusion is, when i want to print file in adobe, i need to switch between the black and whit or not to see the background thing. if i forget it's a gambling whether there is a yellow background or not

please fix it, the old one (around early 2021) is fine when print

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After weeks of trying different color profiles, finally I managed to get rid of this issue on Windows 11. My solution is:

1) Remove all secondary monitors color profiles from the system (Control Panel->Color Management->All Profiles, select your external monitors color profiles and remove them)

2) Revert all color settings at Devices tab to default (untick Use my settings checkbox)

3) At Advanced tab:

Device profile -> sRGB

Viewing conditions profile -> WCS profile for ICC viewing conditions

Default rendering intent -> Absolute Colorimetric

All the rest selections -> Proofing and line art

4) Restart computer

5) Open Adobe Acrobat DC and revert back settings at the Accessibility tab to normal (untick ReplaceDocument Colors)

6) Go to Color Mangement tab and change Settings -> Monitor Color, RGB -> Monitor RGB - sRGB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd still like to have people use great and important software titles without spending weeks trying to circumvent a bug!  This is just crazy!

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS WORKS! Thank you so much, life save. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2024 Jan 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've literally had this problem for about a year on my PC and I've had no clue how to fix it. Everything I tried never worked. I would have never thought that it was an issue with color profiles. Your solution worked for me even before the last two steps. After I completed up to step 3 and then restarted my computer (step 4), my issue was solved. Thank you so, so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Use Windows color scheme" is not an option on MacBook Pro computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is still happening. Has Adobe put out an update to fix this bug yet?? Why am I paying a monthly fee for a program that doesn't work?! The "work around" only works on some documents, not all.  Both the screen and the printout has a yellow-tinted background. TONS of wasted yellow ink.  Let's go Adobe!!! Fix this issue!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. Randomly making them yellow makes no sense! WTH!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't just a Windows problem, as it's doing similar things with my Mac. I've tried several different paths to my printer, and some worked, but others didn't. When I export my file from Adobe inDesign, to a PDF, then drag it onto my Xerox Fiery, any graphic items, (whatever colour they are) print with the same colour fog as the graphic, ie. if it's a green logo, it prints a green transparent square in the background of the logo. I tried opening the PDF in Preview (Mac) and discovered that, when the image is saved as a PDF from there, it looked ok in the preview, but when I opened the same file in the Fiery, all text was scrambled. I then, instead of exporting (or saving) as a PDF, I chose PRINT, then in the print dialogue, I chose 'SAVE AS PDF'. Inside there, I found a dropdown box, which gave the option of saving it as an ADOBE PDF, and again another option to save as HIGH QUALITY PRINT (haven't tried any of the other 11 options yet). This solved both the scrambled text and the coloured ghosting. Just to confuse the issue even further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

did you manage to solve this problem? Can you please tell me how?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work on a Mac. Here's what I did: 1) Update to latest OS; 2) Delete Acrobat and re-install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I have never been able to find the 'right' answer for why this happens. I DO know WHERE it is happeneing, but the compromise is not always possible to achieve. I'll explain... the issue of the coloured tinges behind graphics, only appeared when I dragged a PDF onto my Fiery Command Work Station. I was stuck with this option, because the printer I was using, doesn't seem to be able to print a file, which has been sent directly to the Fiery, from within Adobe InDesign. Now that I have another Xerox machine, with the correct settings to allow print direct, these boxes no longer appear and my text is never scrambled. I can, therefore, only surmise that there is a conflict happening with drag-and-drop, in the conversion of the PDF into the format the Fiery needs, which doesn't happen when the Fiery does its own conversion. 

This just adds to the puzzle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I not sure if this is helpful, but I recall some years ago that Adobe Reader had an option for reducing eye strain by making document backgrounds non-white.  At that time, I turned on this option and this yellowish "feature" has been there ever since.  I can no longer find this option anywhere in the preferences so I can't turn it off.  I'm hoping this information can provide some insight to Adobe to repair this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your response to that issue...it worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2024 Feb 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In my best Elvis voice!

"Thank You, Thank you very much!!!"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines