Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC - Redaction tool not working

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I continually have a problem with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC when I try to use the redaction tool. 

• I select the text I want to redact 
  • I click 'Apply' 
  • The pop-up which should appear (confirming redaction, etc.) appears as a blank box, and the entire programme basically freezes. I can do nothing else, except open my computer's Task Manager and click 'End Task' for Adobe Acrobat. 
    (See attached image.) 

This is a huge problem, since my role as an employee and my unit's function requires the ability to fully and securely redact on a daily basis.  

I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC - Version 2021.005.20048 

Can anyone help? 

Adobe Acrobat Pro - Redaction tool error.JPG

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Joan,

Thanks for sharing the detailed information. 

There are couple of possibilities for such behaviour of Acrobat.

1- The document you have been working on and trying to redact content is secured. Which isn't letting you to complete the process. Open PDF>right click (Ctrl+D)>Document Properties>Security

and for testing, check with a different file. 

2- If this is the case with multiple files, then there's a slight change we need to make in the application's preferences settings. 

Navigate to Acrobat>Edit>Preferences>Security (Enhanced)>disable "Protected Mode at Startup", "Protected View" and "Enhanced Security">OK>close and reopen Acrobat.

Note: these changes are only for testing purpose. Once tested, please change it back to the previous setting. 

Let us know if any of the suggestion helps.

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines