• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC - Redaction tool not working

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I continually have a problem with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC when I try to use the redaction tool. 

• I select the text I want to redact 
  • I click 'Apply' 
  • The pop-up which should appear (confirming redaction, etc.) appears as a blank box, and the entire programme basically freezes. I can do nothing else, except open my computer's Task Manager and click 'End Task' for Adobe Acrobat. 
    (See attached image.) 

This is a huge problem, since my role as an employee and my unit's function requires the ability to fully and securely redact on a daily basis.  

I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC - Version 2021.005.20048 

Can anyone help? 

Adobe Acrobat Pro - Redaction tool error.JPG

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2024 Feb 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm encountering the identical issue. When I click apply, a blank white box pops up and the entire system freezes. The only way out is through Task Manager and End Task. I've been using the redaction tool without any issues before, but now I'm facing the same problem as others have described in their posts. I've attempted the suggested remedies, but none have worked. Adobe, it's crucial to address and resolve all these bugs promptly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, 3 years later and I'm having this issue.  I have tried every single thing here and none of it works.  Not the javascript.  Not the security preferences.  Not reinstalling the program.  Not changing the registry key.  NOTHING.  I have a 900 page document that needs to be redacted, and for what we pay for this program yearly, this feature should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines