Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Unable to manually add Adobe PDF Printer

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe,

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 32 Bit

Issue:

I cannot manually add the Print to Adobe PDF printer driver. I recieve an error "A problem was encountered while attempting to add the driver to the store"

Tried:

Updating Windows.

Uninstalling Microsoft print to PDF.

Repaired installation.

Reinstalling Adobe Acrobat Pro.

Tried installing on a different PC entirely!

The steps listed > https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/add-pdf-printer-manually.html

This instance is not related to my account I'm posting from just a note.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

I finally was able to manually install the Adobe PDF Converter driver by enabling Test Mode in Windows 10, installing the driver, and disabling Test Mode in Windows. After rebooting, everything seems ok so far.

Here's a link I found for more information on using Test Mode in Windows until there is a permanent fix for this issue:

https://www.maketecheasier.com/install-unsigned-drivers-windows10/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that. As described you are unable to install the PDF printer on Win 10 and getting the error A problem was encountered while attempting to add the driver to the store

As you have tried couple of troubleshooting steps, what happens when you try to install the PDF printer on a different Windows machine?

Please try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Windows and try installing the PDF printer there and check. You may also go through the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/unable-to-install-pdf-printer-certificate-revoked-port-unknown.ht... and see if that works.

If it still doesn't work, please remove the application using the Acrobat Cleaner Tool - https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html  reboot the computer once and reinstall the application using the link - https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

I get the same error when I try to install Adobe Pro DC on another computer and try to add the "Print to Adobe PDF" manually even with full Admin privleges.

The issue seems to be with:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\Xtras\AdobePDF\AdobePDF.inf

It doesn't provide compatible printer drivers with Windows 10.

I understand this worked on Windows 8.

Can you escalate this with the developers? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
We faced at work with exactly the same problem, looks like there is a bug with printer in version "2100720099".

Because, this is happening only on new installed PCs, while with old computer everything is good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as workaround we installed for end-users Microsoft Print to PDF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We ar e sorry to hear that. Please check for any missing/pending updates for the Widows OS and try updating it, you may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Windows and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally was able to manually install the Adobe PDF Converter driver by enabling Test Mode in Windows 10, installing the driver, and disabling Test Mode in Windows. After rebooting, everything seems ok so far.

Here's a link I found for more information on using Test Mode in Windows until there is a permanent fix for this issue:

https://www.maketecheasier.com/install-unsigned-drivers-windows10/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also seeing this issue on Windows 10 Pro / 64 computers. 

Whatever is causing this issue, it's in the wild. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry for the trouble. Please check out the steps shard in the help page https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/adobe-pdf-printer-missing-after-installing-acroba... and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Patch fixed my issue as well, but had to use the 32 bit version (on a Windows 10, 64 bit system).   

The pdf converter files were unsigned previously and could not be installed by the typically methods used to add new printer drivers. 

Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed the issue. That's amazing you found how to do that.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The patch fixed my issue, too.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even I am having same issue with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 32 Bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. Have you checked the helparticle shared above for the troubleshooting steps?

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the link below. 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/adobe-pdf-printer-missing-after-installing-acroba...

Adobe PDF does not get installed with fresh Acrobat installation. This is because the validity of the Adobe PDF printer driver certificate expired after 31 October 2021.

A patch is listed in the above link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines