• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Pro disappeared

Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2024 May 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Acrobat Pro subscription and installed in Windows11 for more than 1 year.

Without any action from my side the printer Acrobat PDF disappeared from the printer list. This is the third time within 2 months. What to do? How may this be prevented?

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat , PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 06, 2024 May 06, 2024

It's frustrating when software like Adobe Acrobat Pro starts behaving erratically, especially when it comes to the printer settings disappearing unexpectedly. Here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially prevent this issue from happening again:

Reinstall the Adobe PDF Printer:

• Go to Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features.
  • Find "Adobe Acrobat" in the list and click on it.
  • Click on the "Modify" button.
  • In the Adobe Installer, select the "Repair" option.
  • The repair process shoul

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's frustrating when software like Adobe Acrobat Pro starts behaving erratically, especially when it comes to the printer settings disappearing unexpectedly. Here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially prevent this issue from happening again:

Reinstall the Adobe PDF Printer:

• Go to Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features.
  • Find "Adobe Acrobat" in the list and click on it.
  • Click on the "Modify" button.
  • In the Adobe Installer, select the "Repair" option.
  • The repair process should reinstall the missing PDF printer.

Check for updates:

• Open Adobe Acrobat Pro and go to Help > Check for Updates.
  • Install any available updates, as they might include bug fixes related to the printer issue.

Clear Adobe Acrobat preferences:

• Close Acrobat Pro completely.
  • Go to C:\Users[YourUsername]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Acrobat.
  • Rename the "Preferences" folder to hpinstantink "Preferences.old".
  • Restart Acrobat Pro and check if the PDF printer is back.

Check printer settings:

• Go to Start > Settings > Bluetooth & devices > Printers & scanners.
  • Check if the Adobe PDF printer is listed. If not, click "Add a printer or scanner" and follow the prompts to reinstall it.

Run the Adobe Acrobat Printer Utility:

• Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat [version]\Acrobat.
  • Find the "AcroPrinterUtility.exe" file and run it.
  • Follow the prompts to reinstall or repair the Adobe PDF printer.

Check for conflicting software:

• Sometimes, other software or security tools can interfere with Acrobat's ability to manage its printer settings.
  • Temporarily disable any antivirus, firewall, or other security software and check if the issue persists.

Repair or reinstall Adobe Acrobat Pro:

• If none of the above steps work, you may need to completely uninstall and then reinstall Adobe Acrobat Pro to resolve any underlying issues.

• To prevent this issue from happening again, make sure to keep Adobe Acrobat Pro and Windows 11 updated with the latest patches and updates. Also, avoid installing any conflicting software or making significant system changes while using Acrobat Pro.

If the issue persists even after trying these steps, you may want to consider contacting Adobe's technical support for further assistance, as there may be a deeper underlying issue that requires their intervention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made it as proposed - also in the past. I think it will occur again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Acrobat Pro subscription and installed in Windows11 for more than 1 year.

Without any action from my side the printer Acrobat PDF disappeared from the printer list. This is the third time within 2 months. What to do? How may this be prevented?

By @Spooz

This looks a lot like a Windows issue. You can try the following:

Uninstall Acrobat; Run AcroCleaner — Acrobat Desktop Tools and Utilities; Redownload Acrobat and install.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did it already and it works now again. But... this doing I have to do in some weeks again. This is what I am interested to prevent. The installation took 20 minutes or more and demanded finishing my 100 windows and restarting and, so this is not a small effort to forget.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did it already and it works now again. But... this doing I have to do in some weeks again. This is what I am interested to prevent. The installation took 20 minutes or more and demanded finishing my 100 windows and restarting and, so this is not a small effort to forget.

By @Spooz

Sure, I understand that. The message from @Nelson3720645284ar looks AI generated.

What is your antivirus program?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use no antivirus/antimalware but the in-built functionality of Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2024 Jul 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has Adobe opened a ticket on this?

Cindy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2024 Aug 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope so, I am having the same issue on my apple mac today.

I have made a post but can't find it now or any answers. 

First time I have used these forums 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2024 Aug 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I watched the printer disappear from the list. 

also adobe doesn't open up after it makes the PDF like it did prior to the new machines. 

all new machines Windows 11, latest Office365, latest Adobe... happens on all machines.. 

reinstall the printer it disappears with in a day (or sometimes with in a few minutes)

but so far after reading one post if it's the default printer it doesn't get deleted... (but that is a PITA since users are printing to the copier by default)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2024 Aug 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

More info so setting it as a default did nothing it killed the print spooler and then deleted the printer and restarted the print spooler... 

I watched it live... do this. 

it's ONLY the Adobe PDF printer.  the client has a enterprise account i think we will be opening up a ticket with them on this... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines