Exit

Adobe Acrobat Pro layout is different

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Thanks in advance for any support.

I had Adobe Acrobat Pro installed on my old work laptop last year, and it looked like the first attached image, called old version. It looks more like your traditional installed program with the menu bar.

My IT department* just installed Adobe Acrobat Pro on my new laptop, and it looks like this, see image attached called new version. This gives more of an online vibe which I'm not keen on, and no menu bar. 

Is this how it should be? Did Adobe redesign it? I preferred the old version. Maybe people familiar with the 'new version' can tell me if this is a good thing and I just need to get used to this drastic new layout. Am I missing any features from the old version?

Many thanks in advance for any help that can be affored to me.

Thank you.

Paul

*I'm asking this forum because I don't think my IT department knows much about Adobe Acrobat, only how to install the programme so they won't be able to answer my query.

Old version.PNGNew version.PNG

TOPICS
Modern Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 05, 2024 Jan 05, 2024

Can this be pinned to the top of the page instead of the Adobe employee "I'm sorry" reponses that are currently there? This was actually helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Hi All!

We appreciate your valuable feedback! We're always looking for ways to make Acrobat better, and we appreciate the time and effort you have taken to share your feedback with us.

We acknowledge that the new Acrobat represents a notable change, however we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you are able to be more productive & get more out of Acrobat. With the new interface, we aim to:

1. Provide a simplified viewing experience that helps reduce clutter & optimise it fo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Hi there,

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the experience.

We acknowledge that the new Acrobat represents a notable change; however, we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you can be more productive and get more out of Acrobat.

We are actively working on all the feedback provided and will address them with the highest priority.

As you get more comfortable with the new interface, please contact us with specific questions on tools, features, or functionalities. We’re

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! After years of usign the old format I was incredibly lost in the new one.

Note to Adobe - I understand updating software to modernise it but changing the layout of everything, including the sides that things are on, is extremely puzzling and unnecessarily confusing to your user base. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2023 Nov 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you SO MUCH! mine updated randomly and i hated the new "organize pages". The old version was much easier to work with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2024 Jan 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can this be pinned to the top of the page instead of the Adobe employee "I'm sorry" reponses that are currently there? This was actually helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A huge thank you!!  I saw that in the menu but I was afraid to click it not having any clue what it would do, but it was exactly what I wanted.  Thank you so much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not see that option to "Disable new Acrobat"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Please go through the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/learn-new-acrobat.html and see if that works.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Bernd Alheit for this screenshot.  I was prompted by  Adobe to restart before I was allowed to open the software. I did as instructed, got the new version and the layout is horrible. When comparing the two layouts, I absolutely thought the previous layout was/is much better, easier to move around in, easier to find the options I use and we have all become accustom to a toolbar being on the top of the screen, in most every company's software.  I find it abhhorent how most software developers think when they change a layout it is automatically better and will be accepted by the public, when in reality this is rarely the case. If you want to update the software running in the background, that is perfectly acceptable but do not radically change the view the consumer sees when opening the software.  Thankfully, Adobe has, as this point, given its customer base the option of returning to the previous version's screen layout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new layout is absolutely horrible and labor intensive trying to use anything.  Thank goodness there is a disable button to bring back the old User Friendly layout where averything is available in front of you and customizable.  The new layout makes no sense.

Adobe, leave what works well alone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is just so horrible

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently started using Adobe Acrobat, and my layout was the new layout since it was recently installed. After using it for a while... I needed an IT manager to change something with the software. The IT manager took remote desktop control of my screen, opened up Adobe Acrobat, changed it to the old layout before doing software changes, and then finished doing the software changes he needed to do for me. And I thought, "Disable new Acrobat?" And so I tried out the old layout (which I've never seen before). And I liked it soooooo much more than the previous layout I had been using till that point! Even though I began using Adobe Acrobat with the new layout, I still liked the old layout way better!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2023 Aug 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank goodness someone asked this question! It was driving me insane. Feels like everything is completely backwards and so lost on where everything is. 

Adobe, here's an idea. If you are goingt to change the layout of your program, how about adding in a feature that allows us to move the tool bars and such around so that each user can set it up the way we like it. Being a right handed person, the layout makes it completely uncomfortable and like I should be using my left hand to control my mouse. Completely counter-intuitive. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so glad you asked this question. I had been persevering, trying to get used to the new format but it's just horrid. I'm so glad that you can revert to the old format. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @default50ljj8fby8k4 @defaultbhnp5pqqliax 

Sorry to hear about your frustrating experience.

Please share your feedback with our engineering team here: https://acrobat.uservoice.com/ and share your observation/findings about the New UI experience with Acrobat Pro.

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2023 May 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree as well. This is a horrible design, and thank God you can go back to the orginial GUI. Please keep this layout option forever. Or atleast have a layout section that user's can switch from. For example, the old layout, new layout, and future new layout. Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2023 May 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

users*.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just here to say the new version is absolutely awful. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I installed the new 64-bit Acrobat and later found the File menu > Disable New Acrobat.

It went back to the old layout.

Now, how do I switch it back to the New Acrobat layout? I cannot see it.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops, duh. View > Enable New Acrobat.

i found it

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great @Mike Witherell 

Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with in future.

~Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

robertm43519250: "The new layout is absolutely horrible and labor intensive trying to use anything. Thank goodness there is a disable button to bring back the old User Friendly layout where averything is available in front of you and customizable. The new layout makes no sense.

Adobe, leave what works well alone."

Much the same was said about the move to the "new interface" of Acrobat X.
But they did it anyway...
Prepare yourself for the worst.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two computers with Win 11 installed. Exact same version of Acrobat Pro, but the laptop doesn't have "Enable new Acrobat" in the View menu, the desktop has. How come?? Driving me nuts...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not all installations get this feature. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2023 Jul 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much that new version was messing me!!! Thanks 🙏🏽 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2023 Aug 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!!! I hate the new layout it was driving me crazy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines