Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Upgrade Status Stuck at 90%

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe Community,

I am just reloading Creative Cloud on a new computer running Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 1.0.19043 Build 19043. PS, AI, ID and Acrobat all seem to load and work fine. BUT in Acrobat when I go to use tools such as crop, split, edit, etc... I get the a popup message that says "More tool components are being installed. We'll let you know when you can use the tool." This popup comes out a of a button that has has a spinning icon, when I click on it it says "Upgrade Status" with a loading bar. It starts fine, but when it gets to 90% it just freezes. I have tried the following: Restarting the computer, Unistalling and Reinstalling the Application, Turning off Windows Defender, Turning off Windows Defender Screen Protector. Nothing seemed to help, it just goes back to 90% and getting stuck again.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

I have checked your Adobe account and found that you have the creative cloud all apps plan and as we can see in the screenshots you are trying to use the freeware-Acrobat Reader DC application.

Please remove the application using the acrobat cleaner tool https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html, reboot the computer once, and install the Acrobat Pro DC application using the direct link https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

I have checked your Adobe account and found that you have the creative cloud all apps plan and as we can see in the screenshots you are trying to use the freeware-Acrobat Reader DC application.

Please remove the application using the acrobat cleaner tool https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html, reboot the computer once, and install the Acrobat Pro DC application using the direct link https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html and see if that helps.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ISSUE SOLVED

Thank you very much for your help. That solved my problem right away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff@LVCP 

We are glad to hear that. Feel free to contact us for any assistance required in the future.

Regards

Amal

Marking a reply or response “Correct” will help future users with the same issue quickly identify the correct answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2023 Jul 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same problem. Getting stuck at 90%.  I don't have any freeware installed.  Can you please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar issue, though my upgrade stall happens every time I open a file with Adobe Acrobat Pro. I get the same little rotating icon on the menu bar which stops at 93% (Upgrade Status - Downloading). I have turned off automatic updates in Updater preferences and that has had no effect. I have shut down my PC and restarted, with no effect. I do not have Adobe Reader on my PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem!  Every time I try to upgrade, it gets stuck at 90%.  Hopefully, you find a solution and then can share it with me 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2023 Jul 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am havin the same problem! Did you find a solution yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines