• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat slow for Mac M1

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a Macbook Air M1 and I installed Adobe Acrobat by the Creative Cloud App. However,  from the first day I installed it, Acrobat is very slow. Everytime I scroll, it is not smooth at all like any other app on my mac. Sometimes the animation when minimising crashes, etc. 

I was wondering if you guys can help me. Maybe I downloaded the app incorrectly? I have the latest version of Adobe Acrobat and also the latest MacOS version. 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , Install update and subscribe to Acrobat , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I think Adobe is still catching up with updates to be fully compatible with M1 chips.

Make sure to keep updating your software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the trouble.

As you are experiencing issues with the application, please try the troubleshooting steps suggested in the following help document: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-system-errors-freezes-mac.html.

Check if that helps.

If the issue still occurs, remove Acrobat using the cleaner tool (https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html) and reboot your mac. 

Then try re-installing the Acrobat Pro DC from this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/download-install-acrobat-subscription.html.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, my Acrobat Reader app is also very slow, on my MacBook Air 2021.

I tried to open the link to the cleaer tool that you posted, but the page was not found. Can you share an updated link, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a similar issue and the cleaner tool link you provided is dead.

Unfortunately, the troubleshooting steps do not address the issue since the files we're direct to place on the desktop aren't present.

Given the semi-widespread nature of this issue (based on a review of your community), when do you expect this issue to be resolved, if ever?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat works very slowly including slow and jumpy scrolling on all my Macs back book pro and Imac. However, when I follow the trouble shooting tips I don't have the folders that you describe. EG I donbt have the "Adobe [produce name] folder within preferences folder as in /Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences/Adobe [Product Name] [Product Version] Settings/Adobe [Product Name] [Product Version] Prefs.psp 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With my M1 MacBook Pro, Adobe's renderer is very slow for 3D PDF's but changing to OpenGL in Preferences appears to solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem too.. and I can't seem to get my creative cloud working after download. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is this happening with Rosetta installed ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines