• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat update broke OneDrive files showing up in Recent

Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to the latest version of the continuous release, 2024.001.20615, using the Help >  Check For Updates on macOS 14.4. I can open the files within the OneDrive macOS app, but I do not see them updating on the Recent. 

All settings are turned on:

1. Open PDFs from last session on Acrobat launch > Checked

2. Privacy & Security > Files and Folders > Adobe Acrobat > Full Disk Access > OneDrive > Checked

3. Privacy & Security >  Full Disk Access > Adobe Acrobat > Checked.

In addition, I unistalled and reinstalled the Adobe Acrobat from the Creative Cloud App multiple times. Still the same problem with the Adobe Acrobat Pro Continuous Release | Version 2024.001.20604 and Continuous Release | 2024.001.20615.

Lastly, I have also checked with my othet MacBook Pro 14.4 and facing the same problem with Adobe Acrobat Pro. Please fix this problem as I need to access the OneDrive files in Recent. 

TOPICS
Modern Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 21, 2024 Mar 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the actual problem? Files not showing up in a list of recently opened files is not a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although, "Documents in the recently used list is set to 100" and the files opened in the OneDrive desktop app are not showing up in the Home > Recent. If this isn't the problem, then what could be the problem? Previous versions displayed OneDrive files in the recent files list without any problems. After March 20th, 2024 release 2024.001.20615, this recent file display list was broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The list of recently opened files not showing up correctly IS a problem. I use and check files in Acrobat Pro myriad times a day and having to go to each file's original folder to open in slows down my workflow considerably. I am using build

24.1.20643.0 on macOS Sonoma 14.4.1 and have tried all the same "fixes" as other users to no avail.

Adobe definitely broke something with this build. And I'm not using OneDrive to open files, so it's not a MS thing.

—Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that.

Please update the application to the recent version 24.02.20687 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

If it doesn't work, would you mind collecting the Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html , and share them via any cloud storage. Just upload the log file to the cloud and generate the link and share that link with us for further investigation.

Regards
Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We have reported this issue to our engineering team for review, we will share the update as soon as we get any information.

Thanks' for understanding

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Amal,

Thanks for getting back to me! Mine is the latest 2024.002.20687 on both MacBook Pros. However, I do have the same problem.

I have already contacted the Adobe Support Team. Support Team have collected the logs and told me bug has been registered recently. Hopefully this gets fixed soon! It is definetely annoying as the PDFs in OneDrive desktop won't open after Acrobat launch. In addition, they won't show up in the Home > Recent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 06, 2024 Sep 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue has not been fixed in version 2024.002.21005. It was first reported on March 12, 2024, and I have notified the engineering and chat team numerous times. They collected log files and promised a fix, and nothing has happened since then. I am very disappointed with the slow and pathetic engineering team to fix this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2024 May 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated to the latest release 2024.002.20759.

That didn't work so I have collected and uploaded the Adobe CC logs:

File: AdobeLogs_20240517_144808_906-mac-GS.zxp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 16, 2024 May 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also updated to the latest release, 2024.002.20759, on my personal and office laptops (macOS 14.5). The problem is not fixed! I have raised this issue with Adobe Customer Care. I am quite disappointed with this kind of delay on one of the most important features of the OneDrive desktop and Acrobat. This is the problem since the March  12th update. Hoping for the best soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2024 Sep 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone, 

We are live with the next release(2024.003.20112).

Please update the app to the latest version and let us know if the issue is fixed.

Thanks,

Souvik

Community & Social Consultant | Document Cloud | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed the 2024.003.20112. Unfortunately, this version has the same problem and has not been fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just updated to 2024.003.20112. Here's what happened to me (MacbookPro running Sonoma 14.6.1):

1. I opened up a PDF from my desktop, closed it, and YAY... it showed up at the top of my "recent files" list. 
  2. Heartened, I opened another file, from a random folder, and closed it. BOO... it did NOT show up on the list at all.
  3. As an experiment, I exported a file from InDesign, checking "view in Acrobat after exporting" to see if that had any effect. I viewed the file, closed at and... big NOPE. It did not show up on the list. 
  4.  SO, to follow a hunch, I opened a different file from my desktop, closed it, and it DID show up at the top my "recent files" list as it should. 

FWIW my desktop files are backed up to iCloud. The vast majority of my files are backed up to Dropbox, although everything resides on my hard drive. In case there is any correlation...

So it's not there yet. Because neither I nor others in this thread are likely to change our workflows to accommodate a bug in the software. 

Hope this helps,

Jane

—Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2024 Sep 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@preethamam @JaneKD Thanks for the responses.

While the team is working on the issue, I wanted to see if the latest release eased the process for you.

Would you mind helping us with a few logs?

Please help us gather the logs from your machine: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-diagnostics.html. You can upload logs using this tool and share your Unique log ID with us. 

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Souvik, this WAS with the latest release. So no, it didn't fix the issue, unless we want to move all our PDFs onto our desktops, at least on MacOS. Which would be crazy. 

will send logs as soon as I am back on my laptop.

—Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. Thanks @JaneKD!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 18, 2024 Sep 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @preethamam , @JaneKD , @Warwick37456028qjzw ,

We are able to reproduce the issues reported by you and team is working on it to fix on priority. I will keep this thread posted when this is fixed. I understand, it has been long since it's reported and appreciate your patience. 

Praveen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2024 Sep 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@PraveenG and @S. S, please note that the same behavior was observed when using Google Drive. I presume any cloud storage files in Finder opened in Acrobat are not updating on the Home > Recent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2024 Oct 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @PraveenG@S. S ,

Are there any updates on the fix for this issue? Please let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2024 Oct 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest update did not fix the issue.

Architecture: arm64
Processor: Apple M3
Build: 24.3.20180.0
AGM: 7.1.8
CoolType: 9.1.0
JP2K: 4.0.2.54782

The above is the update I am referring to. Not sure why this is so hard. It
literally worked for DECADES and now it doesn't.

JanE
[PII removed by moderator]

—Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2024 Oct 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@preethamam @JaneKD The fix should be live with the upcoming update.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2024 Oct 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this point, I'll believe it when I see it. I keep hoping the recent updates will fix it. Still don't understand how Adobe could take a feature that IS A GIVEN for every other program AND has always worked, and break it so thoroughly that it's still not fixed after 6 months of people complaining about it here and in the "Can't see Recent Files on Acrobat Pro home page" thread.

—Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2024 Oct 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, @JaneKD Completely understand your frustration.

But, as said, this has been worked upon and should be available with the next planned update.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines