• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Crashes when saving after Digitally Signing

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a 3rd party certificate (Entrust) to digitally sign plans.  After selecting digitally sign using Certificates under Tools, I am able to drag the signature box and choose where to save.  Once save is clicked and the digital signature is generated, the file will freeze, abruptly close, and/or get the below warning.  It should be noted that the signed file still gets saved/created and upon re-opening, diplays everything correctly with the signature.  I am trying to determine what causes the crash.  It appears to occur when Adobe regenerates the file after the signature is applied.  I have found similar posts but nothing exactly like this.

Adobe Error.PNG

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jesse

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble.

Is this an issue with the specific PDF file signed by the 3rd party certificate (Entrust) or with other PDF files as well? Please try to sign a different PDF file with a different / verified certificate and see if the issue still occurs?

Also make sure you have the recent version 22.1.20117 (Win), 20112 (Mac) of the application installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Please go through a similar discussion for Acrobat  Reader https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader-discussions/an-error-exists-on-this-page-acrobat-may-n... and see if that helps.
Note: Steps are same for Acrobat Reader and Acrobat DC

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines