• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe PDF Converter - PDF files not saving.

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a customer who uses Adobe Creative Cloud and has 9 licenses for Adobe Acrobat Pro.

Issue we are having here is that if you try to print using the Adobe PDF Converter, the file is not saved in (most locations) without any error whatsoever. Customer is on an RDS Windows 2019 server. 

Example: User selects the Adobe  PDF converter as a printer from any application to 'print' as a PDF. Save dialog shows up. User clicks save. No error visible.

User then looks in save location but the file isn't there. 

What i have checked and tried:

- user rights on the save location(s) are all correct

- users have full right and permissions on the Adobe PDF Converter to create and modify.

- turned off security at startup and Extenden Security off  in Adobe Acrobat Pro

- re-installed the Adobe PDF Converter with the correct driver per instructions provided by Adobe.

- checked for updates.

- restarted the server

I have noticed two things:

If i log on to the server as administrator i can print to PDF by saving to the desktop. This works. 

However as i save to a network location i have full rights to, same as with the users, it doesn't. 

It seems possible for users to save to a local My Documents folder.  Users cannot print and save the pdf to their desktop like the administrator can.

Now it seems like a rights/permissions issue, but the thing that makes it confusing that users can save/edit/delete any file and filetype from any application in these folders. The only thing that doesnt work is printing/converting a PDF from Acrobat Pro to those locations. File is simply missing.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clarification for others reading this: for "Adobe PDF Converter" read "Adobe PDF Printer Driver".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what the installed 'printer' looks like

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is interesting that it is called Adobe PDF Converter. I have never seen that name used before. I have always seen it called "Adobe PDF". This makes me wonder if it is a custom setup for your company, and whether this is related to the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The name of the driver is "Adobe PDF Converter".

Bild2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had to follow these instructions to re-install the 'printer':

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/add-pdf-printer-manually.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines