• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe pdf printer gone

Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I came to work on Friday and tried to print to Adobe pdf printer, the printer was gone. I had to repair the installation of Adobe (version 2024.001.20604 64 bit) and it came back.

This morning it was the same thing. 

What is happening? For about a month now I have had the problem with pdf-files opening automatically after I print them. I have to remove the X in the box in the printer settings. This re-sets with every restart. Now I have to repair every morning too.

WHY?

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Modern Acrobat , PDF , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2024 May 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh, this is rising to the level of insufferable!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. Hoping for a fix to be discovered and posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Per adobe support: 24.002.20687 fixes this. What versions are installed across your org?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confimr multiple users on Version 24.002.20687 who are reporting the issue still occuring as of this morning. Can you provide a link to the Adobe Support article indicating this version is the fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the version I am on and having the issue: 24.002.20687 (64-bit)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read article about 687 solving issue and uninstalled / reinstalled on 50 computers so all computers had 687.  This week, same issue hitting several computers as they upgraded to 2024.002.20736.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding my voice. Individual user on 687, and I'm still having the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too. 687 here, and now it happens every day! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2024 May 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of our team with the issue are using  24.002.20687. I have just confirmed it's happening today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have not experienced the issue today with 24.002.20759.

Will report back once I have upgraded all and confirmed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2024 May 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem - Adobe Printer disappears on a daily basis. I repair the Adobe Pro installation and it returns only to disappear again. I noticed in the Event log that an Adobe update failed - not sure if that has anything to do with it but it would be good if this issue was fixed. (I am using Windows 11 Pro, latest update.) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work for a mid-sized MSP, and have been recieving reports of this across several organizations. Posting to get follow up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have about 50 users of which off and on experience this issue.  It is related to update failures.  Computers in question have windows updated both 10 and 11 pro.  Once user gets a notification that update failed the "AdobePDF" printer vanishes.  Best steps we have to combat this, as every user is dependent printing to pdf, is as follows.  Open Creative cloud desktop, uninstall acrobat, once uninstalled, reinstall it.  It will have current version and "AdobePDF" will be back.  At this point you open prefrences and turn off automatically install updates.  Then open task scheduler and disable Adobe Acrobat Update Task.   This will mean you have to manually update the users after a period of time, but this is much better than having 50 users screaming at you that they cant print.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Umm, Adobe corporate needs to understand that "automatic update" is a feature we are ALL paying for, not manual update. Let's get it on people... time is money and I'm a CPA losing money everytime I need to MANUALLY do something. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So today, my Adobe PDF printer is back and I am hopefull it will stay...looking good though as I didn't do anything to have it reappear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2024 May 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Day 2 - Version .20759 and the Adobe PDF printer is still there, so it looks to be resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is definitely not resolved. I had Adobe update for a user and it disappeared this morning after having no issues yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Acrobat version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so tired of this happening to me, I have to keep fixing it on the PC I use in my office and on my remote server. It has been happening for at least two months now. I don't have time for this and Adobe needs to fix the installation files and do an update. Looking at all of these comments it is a very common problem and we pay too much for the program to have these problems. I started having problems when "New Adobe" came out........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At times, it seems like if you disable ‘New Acrobat’, the ‘Adobe PDF’ printer disappears. If you re-enable ‘New Acrobat’, it comes back. The Adobe ‘Repair Installation’ always recreates it, whichever version, New or Old Acrobat. Everyone dislikes the ‘New Acrobat’ look and feel - everything is located in new mysterious locations, when they just want to use the application for their business purpose but are now stuck with a fresh new learning curve.
We're also impacted by Microsoft changing Office’s default font from ‘Calibri’ to ‘Aptos’. When you attempt to print to the ‘Adobe PDF’ printer, a text file opens with an error. The fix is either to change your Office templates to another font (I changed mine to Calibri, and it worked) or you can uncheck 'Rely on system fonts only; do not use document fonts' in the ‘Adobe PDF’ Printing Preferences.
Between Adobe and Microsoft, we are inundated by support requests from our users having issues trying to work. Microsoft and Adobe are more focused on market share than keeping their customers productive. They don't seem to care, and their support team is unable to support their own products. They both just keep changing names and locations of products, so everyone is constantly confused. Awful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2024 May 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just happened to me today and it's very frustrating. Happened out of the blue not related to any updates as far as I can tell. I am running the current version of Adobe as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on day 3 of the Adobe PDF printer sticking where it should be now.  Are you on v .20759

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am on v .20759

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You betcha, thats the version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this is STILL happening with every other update since March.  Seems like the Planned Updates are breaking the Adobe PDF printer and the Optional Updates fix it, and in the meantime we have users screaming at our helpdesk because they need another repair band-aid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines