• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe pdf printer gone

Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I came to work on Friday and tried to print to Adobe pdf printer, the printer was gone. I had to repair the installation of Adobe (version 2024.001.20604 64 bit) and it came back.

This morning it was the same thing. 

What is happening? For about a month now I have had the problem with pdf-files opening automatically after I print them. I have to remove the X in the box in the printer settings. This re-sets with every restart. Now I have to repair every morning too.

WHY?

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Modern Acrobat , PDF , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least 2 users in my office have had their Adobe PDF printer disappear recently. From what I can tell it may be related to an update. I'm following to see if a solution is posted. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to update. Before leaving work yesterday I uninstalled Acrobat through Creative Cloud and started to reinstall as I left. When I got in this morning, Acrobat PDF had been restored to my printer list.

Still no information on what caused this, but the fix is very easy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

humm.. Might not work for enterprise. Most of use the x64 unified installer bypassing CC mostly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're facing the same issue at our office, 2024.001.20604. PDF printer comes back after repair but goes away again the next day. Reinstalling Acrobat for an entire company is not a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that reinstalling for the whole company is not a solution. Especially since this resets the previous tool configurations, turns "New Acrobat" back on, and so forth. This will result in a lot of extra work for IT. It's fine as a short-term solution, but not optimal. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is exactly my situation... Adobe Acrobat Pro 2024.001.20604 64 bit on Windows 11 23H2 (22631.3296). Running (Help>Repair) solves it until the next day. Frustruating to have to "fix or repair daily"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same thing here : PDF printer disappears without warning.

I have to uninstall et reinstall Acrobat in order to correct this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. My Print to PDF has disappeared several times. I have to contact our IT department to  uninstall and re-install the Adobe Acrobat. I had IT resinstall today, but unable to get it to show up at all today. I'm not sure what to try now. I continue to look into the forums. Repair did not work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 10+ users lost their Adobe PDF driver on Monday after they are back to work. After I ran repair, It came back. It started happening again this morning. Any solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're getting waves of this after they get updated. Posting to track this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we are facing the same problem. hopefully we will have a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2024 Mar 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here Adobe PDF Printer missing. No solution has been found that sticks so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please be sure to upvote. we need everyone to ensure the most visablity. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been happening to a few of our users as well. Began on Monday.  I performed a repair and it did not fix it. Had to add a printer using a PDF Port. Seems it was only temp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe dropped an update today with no notice of fixes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2024 Apr 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here
the pdf printer disappear ofter for some of our users
they have to repair/reinstall every time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 07, 2024 May 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no update on this Adobe? It happened again. I had to repair, but it's only a short-term fix!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2024 May 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, this is rippling through our company right now as well. Spending the first two hours of each day running reinstalls is not a viable solution. This is the second broken update this year already, and users are getting frustrated (understandably) and I'm right there with them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2024 May 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've gone into my adobe portal and just opened a helpdesk ticket. i don't have much faith in their support, but trying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2024 May 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has Adobe posted a fix for this? I have several clients being affected by this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2024 May 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just adding another voice – this is still happening (restoring PDF printer after repair, disappearing after restart). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is still happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup same thing here as well....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2024 May 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Started last week, and persists. Repairing the Acrobat program through Windows resolves the missing PDF Printer for a short while, then the printer disappears again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines