• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe PDF Printer not installed on Windows 11

Participant ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No printer after Adobe Acrobat CC on Windows 11.

What I tried:

failed with error "printer certificate invalid". Video: https://www.screencast.com/t/T0lIId2Ga (German OS)

"Error: Printer driver wasn't installed. The required certificate issuing timestamp is outside the range of the current date/time.". Of course, current and valid time/date is set on the computer.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat , Print and prepress , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Hi Knubbi

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that. As described, the Adobe PDF printer is not installed on Win 11.

Please go through the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/unable-to-install-pdf-printer-certificate-revoked-port-unknown.html and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Hi There,

Thanks for reporting the issue here.

Please go ahead and try the steps from KB article to cleanly remove the printer driver and re-add the same back.

This might fix the issue at your end as well.

Please make sure to download the Adobe PDF Printer driver from the KB article or from here.

Please feel free to reply in-case of any help required from our end.

Regards,
Swapnil Srivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

UPDATE...

Adobe PDF Printer appeared after running the [Repair Installation] option from within Acrobat DC after running the patch.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Knubbi

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that. As described, the Adobe PDF printer is not installed on Win 11.

Please go through the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/unable-to-install-pdf-printer-certificate-revoked-port-unknown.ht... and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

In the process of adding the Adobe PDF Printer absent from Windows 11, I encounter an error when adding a new port type from the AdobePDF.inf file.

There are errors in the AdobePDFPrinterInstall.log (attached file)

I followed the following procedure: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/unable-to-install-pdf-printer-certificate-revoked-port-unknown.ht...

Thank you in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That procedure worked, but let me state it is hilarious that by now, as of January 2022, we still have to go through this procedure, time to fix this Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Thanks for reporting the issue here.

Please go ahead and try the steps from KB article to cleanly remove the printer driver and re-add the same back.

This might fix the issue at your end as well.

Please make sure to download the Adobe PDF Printer driver from the KB article or from here.

Please feel free to reply in-case of any help required from our end.

Regards,
Swapnil Srivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues, and have followed the instructions given.

I am unable to download the "adobepdf.zip" in the directions - nothing happens, no error, no download.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having the same issue, I have tried all options on the connected threads without success.
Is this an issue Adobe need to address?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. Please check out the steps shared here https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/adobe-pdf-printer-does-not-install.html and see if that helps.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Amal,

I tried running the Acrobat DC 64-bit installer, but sadly still no printer showning. Any further suggestions would be welcomed.

Best, Toby

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE...

Adobe PDF Printer appeared after running the [Repair Installation] option from within Acrobat DC after running the patch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unlike Toby (my childhood nickname, BTW - Hello, Brother! 🙂  ) the patch worked for me without having to use the "update" feature within Acrobe.

However, I had to download the 32 bit patch, not the 64 bit. I had not known there was a 64 bit version of Acrobat, so when I saw the 64 bit patch I thought I had missed something and downloaded it first.

With that said, I have two questions:

1) How do I get the 64 bit version? Why wasn't it installed on my clean install of Windows and my CC programs?

2) Why isn't this patch installed through CC updates. The purpose of the CC program is make life easier, not to not work and force me to hunt down solutions on the web and these forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Steve (aka Toby 😁), 
To offer some help, the 64-bit download is available from https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/download-64-bit-installer.html. I believe the 64-bit version has only been released fairly recently, however CC should detect if your machine is 64-bit and download the correct version in the first instance and similarly update your installation to the 64-bit from 32-bit where appropriate. If you choose to update, you will need to uninstall the 32-bit version beforehand.

Also I completely agree that CC should have downloaded the required patch and not leave it to the user's frustrations in having to mindlessly go through various stages that would never have worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

We have same issue with UPTODATE Windows 11 and Adobe Acrobat Reader 2023.006.20360 64bits
No AdobePDF printer.

We have tried:

-restart machine

-reinstall adobe

-reinstall Adobe 'run with administrator privileges'

-add manualy printer but we dont have the line "Document/*.PDF" on port available

-launch old patch (2021) but the patch doesn't want work 

Nothing work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Please remove the application using the Acrobat cleaner tool https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html  , reboot the computer once and reinstall the application using the direct link
https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html and see if that works.

Let us know how it goes.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines