• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe PDF / Scroll bars still missing

Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2023 Sep 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've looked at all the posts and their answers. It's very frustrating. I've done all the suggestions. Still no scrollbar. If I adjust the page size manually -- pull it in or out -- the bars appear for a few seconds then disappear. I can't grab them.

I cannot scroll up/down or side to side. Mac Ventura. Acrobat Pro version 2023.006.20320

Any other ideas or will there be an update to fix?

TOPICS
How to , PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Finaly fixed in the latest February update!

There is a new Preference under Page Display: Always show Scroll bars!

And also set the preference to Enable scrolling under Page Display, Page Layout, and the we are finally(!) good to go!

IMG_3454.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024
Community Expert , Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Afb1.pngafb2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 399 Replies 399
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Version 2023.008.20555 and don't have an options to enable the scroll bar?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the screenshot of the first instruction, Frans.

Call me stupid, but I can't find the location of the second instruction. Can we have a screenshot of that as well,please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same screenshot, it is at the top 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, I don't see an option to set Enable Scrolling. I've used Acrobat for as long as it's been around and have never felt more frustrated.

Screenshot 2024-02-27 at 09.04.19.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is how the page display looks on my mac. It's below where your screen shot ends.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new setting only works on my Mac if I also tick the box under "Display" - "Page display" - "Activate scrolling". See screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, and to make that the default change it in the Preferences 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aha, now I see where I'm supposed to go. Vielen dank.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the scroll bar is permanent for the pages but still disappears for the comments for some files (although is permanent in other files), even with those options selected. what am i missing?

version 2003.0008.20555

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2024 May 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Acrobat says it's is up to date and still no "Always show scroll bars" option in my Page Display preferences. What am I missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 07, 2024 May 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This "up to date" message doesn't necessarily mean that it really is up to date, you have to look what the Acrobat version says.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the update? I just looked at Creative Cloud and don't see one listed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat updayes never show in CC app, check from within Acrobat itself. Or go the the website for Acrobat updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, this is ironic. I just went to Adobe.com to look for the update, and the scroll bar is unresponsive!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid the problem hasn't been solved for me at all. When I activate Single Page View, only a lazy bar appears instead of a scrollbar. The screenshot compares Acrobat 2020 and Acrobat 2023.008.20555, where the difference is noticeable. The scrollbar appears when "Enable Scrolling" is activated, but the "Single Page View" mode and the ability to visually check what part of the document I am in is essential for convenient PDF processing for me.

Simply compare Acrobat 2020 (left – everything works as expected) and Acrobat 2023 (right – just an empty slot for scrollbar): 

Acrobat-2020vs2023.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could Frans v.d. Geest please comment on this...? Is the difference Frans is saying is the case, and that which Filip is showing in the screenshots above, because Filip is using a 2023 version and not the latest 2024 version...? Are we all talking about Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, and is it actually a 2024 version..? 

I am using an iMac with Creative Cloud and Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, Version 2022.001.20112, with scroll bars showing and grabable on all views.

I have just downloaded the latest version that says it is Acrobat DC with Build Date = 20240210032301, but I am extremely reluctant to take the time to go through yet again the upgrade and downgrade if the 2024 version is not doing and showing exactly as Filip's 2020 version and my 2022 versions do and show.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to tick two groups in the default settings. This means that a scroll bar is also visible on one page. See screenshots!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But what if you don't want the continous scrolling from the first setting?

Then the scroll bars still don't work. I need scroll bars in single page view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, when in Single page view there are still no scroll bars... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed that When I open a single-page document and the view corresponds exactly to the window size, the scroll bars are not visible. When the view is enlarged, the bottom and side scroll bars appear.

Sorry, I don't understand English very well, maybe I misunderstood you with what you want to have in the Acrobat view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I don't understand English very well, maybe I misunderstood you with what you want to have in the Acrobat view.

By @mackimi

Ich kann es auch auf Deutsch schreiben. Wenn ich ein PDF mit sehr vielen Seiten lese, stelle ich die Seitenanzeige auf "Einzelseitenansicht" und die Vergrößerung auf "vollständige Seite an Fenstergröße anpassen".  Wenn ich so durch das Dokument blättere, möchte ich einen Scrollbalken haben. An der Stelle des Scrollbalkens ist jetzt nur eine nutzlose hellgraue Fläche.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Afb1.pngafb2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is still not working for me.  I have the latest version installed, but I still don't have the option to click "always show scrollbars" in the preferences.  Any advice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines