• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe PDF / Scroll bars still missing

Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2023 Sep 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've looked at all the posts and their answers. It's very frustrating. I've done all the suggestions. Still no scrollbar. If I adjust the page size manually -- pull it in or out -- the bars appear for a few seconds then disappear. I can't grab them.

I cannot scroll up/down or side to side. Mac Ventura. Acrobat Pro version 2023.006.20320

Any other ideas or will there be an update to fix?

TOPICS
How to , PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Finaly fixed in the latest February update!

There is a new Preference under Page Display: Always show Scroll bars!

And also set the preference to Enable scrolling under Page Display, Page Layout, and the we are finally(!) good to go!

IMG_3454.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024
Community Expert , Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Afb1.pngafb2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 399 Replies 399
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @iamfirtree 

Hope you are doing well and thanks for reaching out.

Following the latest macOS guidelines, we have completely overhauled the Acrobat scrolling framework for Mac as part of our September '23 release. This fundamental transition from NSView to NSScrollView significantly impacts the behaviour of the Mac user interface. It introduces a modern scrolling experience that is responsive during active use and eliminates the need for excessive space.

For more info. please check the help article https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/acrobat-scroll-framework-upgrades-for-macos/td-p/...

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gosh Amal, so if I am working on my laptop, I can no longer scroll? Thanks much for answering but It seems each update makes us have to work so much harder to do what we were simply able to do before. I don't understand the benefit. I need to be able to scroll vertically and horizontally on my MBP with or without a mouse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

This issue is already reported to our engineering team and is being worked on.

The fix will be available in the coming updates.

Thanks for your time and patience

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2023 Sep 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Amal. I hope they really do it. Fingers crossed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat without scroll bars is useless! PLEASE get it fixed soon!

Simine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2023 Oct 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I spent forever contacting Adobe customer service today and they credited me 3 free months due to this issue. I would encourage everyone else to reach out as well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2023 Sep 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please fix this!! I need the scroll bars. I can get them to appear for a few seconds – exactly as iamfirtree pointed out – and then they're gone again. It's really hindering my ability to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know when the team hopes to have the update ready?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2023 Oct 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today is 1 October, almost one month with a non-functioning Acrobat routine ... when will the update be available? Please advise, I am getting anxious...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We do not have a fixed timeline.

We will share more info as soon as we get any update from the team.

Thanks for your time and patience.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2023 Oct 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't even use up/down arrows to get to the pages I need to see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That it was removed at all is absurd. Maybe your engineers think this is cool, but it's not. Don't you have focus groups or outside advisers who tell you when something is working or not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Amal,

I need to express my deep frustration with the extended time it has taken for your engineering team to address this very basic issue. Seven weeks is an unacceptable timeframe for resolution.

I strongly urge Adobe to consider reevaluating its engineering team and potentially bringing in professionals who can expedite the resolution process. Alternatively, it may be beneficial to reiterate the importance of not attempting to fix elements that are not broken in the first place.

The significant changes to the interface have posed a considerable challenge for many of us in production. Time is of the essence in our industry, and the need to relearn a new application hinders our efficiency and productivity.

This situation brings to mind the infamous Photoshop shift-key issue, and I implore the engineering team to consider the impact of such changes on users with decades of experience. Muscle memory is a critical component of our workflow, and alterations of this magnitude disrupt our established routines.

I sincerely hope that my concerns are taken into account and that action is promptly taken to rectify these issues. Your attention to this matter is greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still thrown by the shift-key issue. I've been using Adobe products since 1994, and muscle memory is critical. It's like switching the white keys and black keys on the piano. Who would do that??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very well put. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amen! Remember your target audience Adobe!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When is this issue going to be fixed? It's significantly slowing down my workflow. Please! Soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

This issue is already reported to our engineering team and is being worked on.

The fix will be available in the coming updates.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is driving me mad that I can't use my Wacom pen to scroll through a PDF. I will not be able to use this Adobe product if it is not fixed. When will we receive updates on this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2023 Nov 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Patience is not something those of us who daily work against deadlines have.  This scroll bar issue needs to be fixed now, not at some unspecified future date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is the most ridiculous thing to have to wait for. it's a base-feature of using a cpu interface and our dear brothers at adobe, while constantly making "improvements" to these apps, have forgotten the fundamentals of why we use these programs in the first place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both they and our sisters at Adobe are becoming less dear daily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 08, 2023 Dec 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully, we'll have the fix soon. So frustraing when going through a list of comments on a document. They appear, then disappear before you can use them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 16, 2024 Jan 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any ETA on this? Adobe does not afford us the ability/luxury of going back to a more stable and dependable release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines