• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe PDF / Scroll bars still missing

Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2023 Sep 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've looked at all the posts and their answers. It's very frustrating. I've done all the suggestions. Still no scrollbar. If I adjust the page size manually -- pull it in or out -- the bars appear for a few seconds then disappear. I can't grab them.

I cannot scroll up/down or side to side. Mac Ventura. Acrobat Pro version 2023.006.20320

Any other ideas or will there be an update to fix?

TOPICS
How to , PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Finaly fixed in the latest February update!

There is a new Preference under Page Display: Always show Scroll bars!

And also set the preference to Enable scrolling under Page Display, Page Layout, and the we are finally(!) good to go!

IMG_3454.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024
Community Expert , Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Afb1.pngafb2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 403 Replies 403
Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2024 Jan 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can downgrade to the 2020 version, which has scrollbars (what a useful feature!!) To do so, first uninstall the current version of Acrobat (if you're using Creative Cloud, use its built-in uninstaller), then download the 2020 version and install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100 thousdand thank yous. I was only looking under the Creative Cloud app. This is the answer right here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any ETA on this? Adobe does not afford us the ability/luxury of going back to a more stable and dependable release.

By @defaultl2dcn3pi5o8u

Adobe does not publish publicly ETAs on fixes. Check the links here in this thread. Some are pointing to downloads of previous versions.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal, how's the fix coming along?

It didn't take Adobe very long to f*ck up the program, but it seems to take a whole lot of time to set it right again – 5 months and counting.

Anything on the far horizon to excite us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2023 Sep 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is EXTREMELY frustrating. The scroll bars are the tool I use most within Acrobat and now they don't even appear. This has effectively doubled the amount of time I need to do something before this funtionality was removed. Not to mention how much time I have now spent to try to find a fix. PLEASE bring back the always-on scroll bars!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2023 Nov 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI Option+Down Arrow (or up arrow) no longer works either. If you try it your page will move down. A millimeter at a time. Since the scroll bars are also missing, this means that Mac (Sonoma) users basically cannot edit PDF even with the Full Acrobat program. SUPER DUPER ANNOYING

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is particularly frustrating about this is that we keep being told that reverting to a previous version is the solution. I don't mind doing that for Acrobat Reader, which is free, but I'm paying good money - every month - for AcrobatPro that is no longer functioning properly. 
It's about time this issue got escalated to a higher level of authority and given the priority it deserves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very well put. Amal has said since September it would be fixed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does downgrading also have security implications on older versions on Acrobat?
Can Adobe give people downgrading an assurance on that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2024 Jan 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please bring back the scroll bars. They are essential. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue borders on insanity—what use is a document app without the ability to scroll? It's been a known issue since the release of the update, how long can it take to fix? Acrobat doesn't even have the Other Versions options available in Creative Cloud account. I'm willing to gamble the majority of the pros using Acrobat are on a desktop, not a mobile device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I have my old version of Acrobat back on my desktop computer? I do not have the time to waste with an updated routine that is not very useful to me, who is using Acrobat to get a job done. I have now gone back to the Mac version <Preview> which does not operate as smooth as Acrobat used to, but at least I get my job done... PLEASE, have someone listen to those of us that work for living!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This is very helpful and works. Great to have the old version.  Adobe must not be aware of the saying, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". And for that matter, they also don't seem to know "when it is broke, you'd better fix it now".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question for the expert … if I download this older version, how can I
prevent Adobe from updating it as they did a few weeks ago? This is so
frustrating!

--
*Simine*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can turn off updates. I did; so far so good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This works great. Hopefully Adobe will get on fixing the current version before they cut us off from using an older version...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I can finally work efficiently again. It's sad to see how pathetic changes are destroying functional Adobe applications. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2024 Jan 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello sherler79814686,

thanks for this useful answer. Do you know if this version works under Mac OS Sonoma 14.3 and if this is the latest version with functional scroll bars?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2024 Jan 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I use the old version in the latest Sonoma. I even changed the black
app icon to red using copy-paste in app info and everything works fine. It
saved me from a lot of frustration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Preview. Apple's own: scrollbars scroll Though I guess it might not be the answer if you want to do something more than just read a pdf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amal, as you can see, this issue is extremely upsetting for those of us who rely on the software for work. We are paying monthly to be frustrated!  With each new update, the software becomes less productive and intuitive. Adobe needs to fix this ASAP, not wait for future updates. We need it now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. I understand your frustration with the software's recent updates. Your concerns are valid, I have already raised this issue to our engineering team, emphasizing its urgency and te team is working on te fix. We will share the update as soon as we get more info.

If you have any specific suggestions, please share them, as your input is valuable in improving future updates.

Thank you for your patience as we work to resolve this.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, it has been a month since you posted that engineers are working on the problem.

Do these engineers (or anyone else at Adobe) realize that the missing Scroll Bars have rendered Acrobat dysfunctional for most users?

Something is terribly wrong and our patience is worn out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

KEEP THE SCROLL BARS. ADD SCROLL BARS TO THE CREATIVE CLOUD FONTS LIST.  I'm sorry one of those words is more than one syllable as your engineers don't seem to understand simple requests or appreciate how their products are used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines