• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe PDF will not save rotated pages...why?

Engaged ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've attached a video of the Adobe PDF not being able to save pages  when rotated. 

At first,  it looks like it's saved but it's not. Watch the whole video please.  

Please see attached. 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

[Edited response]

Hi @Carlisle1500 

I hope this message finds you well, and I appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention.

As correctly mentioned by JR Boulay

You will find success by rotating the page through the following steps: navigate to Tools > Organize Pages, adjust the page orientation as needed, then save the PDF file.

Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems.

~A

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Capture_2402222348.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my Adobe Acrobat Version and Windows Version Statistics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Edited response]

Hi @Carlisle1500 

I hope this message finds you well, and I appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention.

As correctly mentioned by JR Boulay

You will find success by rotating the page through the following steps: navigate to Tools > Organize Pages, adjust the page orientation as needed, then save the PDF file.

Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Amal. @JR Boulay In the past version of PDF,  I used this feature to adust the layouts "Globally"  Example, I scan books and then chop them up to read on planes/train/cruises. Sometimes, I would put the books into the scanner backwards to avoid glue that's in the books. This is whyI have to rotate the pages later. 

Moving along, I will try new suggestion but I think it will be more work for me. The default  feature allowed me in two clicks to adjust the whole scanned book. I'll will try now as you recommended and record the results from a test folder and post the results.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is because you're not rotating the page, you're rotating the view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JR Boulay Can you explain to me what  you mean when you say "View?"  

When I set the pages to what I want, how is "View" diffferent than layout? 

I've doing this for years with Adobe PDF and would save the changes and when I open files years later they would be set to my settings. Also, I was about to make and save the changes using the "inside" tools. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't confuse "rotate view", which has always been available in Acrobat Reader, Acrobat Pro and Acrobat Standard to prevent the reader from having to tilt their head or their screen WITHOUT modifying the document, with "rotate page", which has never been available in Acrobat Reader (only in Acrobat Pro and Standard) and which is used to modify the document.

In both cases, you can apply the rotation to several pages at once, depending on the selection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JR Boulay  I have only EVER used Adobe PRO. I'll research the view vs. rotate pages. I have reading the Actual Acrobat Book on my to-do-list. https://www.peachpit.com/store/adobe-acrobat-classroom-in-a-book-9780137983636 

I'll try to start reading it in March because I need to use these tools with greater precision but I have probably saved 20,000 documents using the previous method, lol. Finally, Adobe giving 55% off books here, https://www.peachpit.com/store/adobe-acrobat-classroom-in-a-book-9780137983636

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture_2402222348.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Carlisle1500,  watching your video again, I realise that it's the interface of the new Acrobat that's confusing.
In the video you're using the "Rotate View" tool, but the tooltip says "Rotate Document", which is a design error.
In fact, after using this tool on a document that has just been saved, you can see that the "Save" menu item remains greyed out, which means that it is indeed a "Rotate View" because it doesn't modify the document.
If it were a 'Rotate Page', this would not be the case and the Save item would be enabled.

Amal., I think you should report this issue to the development team as soon as possible.

The video:

Capture_2402230007.png

The tooltip:

Capture_2402230004.png

The greyed out Save menu item after using this tool:

Capture_2402230005.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines