• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe programs not working with WIndows 11

Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I know this topic has come up before on Forums, and I've tried every solution mentioned with no luck.  I've also tried every solution I can find on the first 10 pages of Google search.  I'm hoping somebody has a long shot solution I haven't come across yet. 

I have the Adobe CS6 suite.  I used it on a previous laptop and it worked fine, but that laptop died.  I downloaded the suite on my new laptop, which runs on Windows 11, and I can't get any of the programs to work.  Adobe either does not open at all or it opens and crashes almost immediately.  There's no error message or anything, just no .pdf.

I've tried:

• different compatibility modes
  • uninstalling/reinstalling CS6
  • updating windows
  • updating Adobe
  • repairing the install
  • turning off protected mode
  • running as admin
  • checking for antivirus conflicts
  • security settings in Adobe
  • turning off my antivirus software temporarily
  • turning it back on and running a malware scan
  • ending as many background processes as possible

I'm also reasonably sure it's not a corrupted .pdf because it's the same if I try and open Adobe directly without a file. And I have checked to make sure Adobe is my default app.

This seems to be a common problem based on the search pages I've looked into.  I currently can't use my brand new laptop because I need a .pdf reader, but I'm not sure I want to download another brand when I already paid a lot of money for this suite.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting , Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Reader DC does work on Windows 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But it does not work on my Windows 11.  If you had read my post, you could see that.  Any suggestions on how to make it work on my laptop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you installed Acrobat Reader DC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, you should read posts before answering them.  I have installed Adobe CS6, which includes Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your old version is not compatible with Windows 11.

To view PDF files you can use Acrobat Reader DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reader doesn't help me any as I need to be able to edit .pdfs as well as use Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.  If CS6 doesn't work with Windows 11, I would have to find an older operating system that does.  Seems kind of a shame to junk an updated system in favor of an outdated one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Furthermore, I've tried installing CS6 on a Windows 8 laptop and had the same difficulties.  But had it run just fine on the original laptop, which was also Windows 8.  Doesn't sound like an OS conflict.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could update from CS6, but a new laptop is still the cheaper option, correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @mollykitti 

We are sorry for the delay in response. Please check the correct answer marked here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/acrobat-dc-pro-%C3%B6ffnet-nicht-win-11-64bit/m-p... and see if that works .

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 13, 2023 May 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That appears to be a solution I've already mentioned trying. No, it does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines