Adobe Reader 64 bit shows up as Adobe Acrobat DC in programs

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently come across a strange decision on Adobe's part.  I don't understand why does Adobe Reader 64 installer display as "Adobe Acrobat DC" in the registered installed programs on Windows 10.  When you install the 32 bit version, it reads as "Adobe Acrobat Reader DC".   Having it show as "Adobe Acrobat DC" makes it more difficult to figure out who has Pro vs Reader.   We have an SCCM report that shows all computers that have Adobe Pro on it.   It reads from the programs list.   Now we can't tell who has it.  When Pro upgrade time comes, we wont know which Pro versions we need to upgrade and notify users of the upgrade.

I thought about going back to Reader 32 bit but it seems like the writing is on the wall.   Adobe wants everyone to be using Reader 64 bit.   So it's probably inevitable that we will be forced to 64 bit eventually.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wonder if there is any ramifications of me just using GPO to update the ProductName in Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\68AB67CA330133017706CB5110E47A00

from

Adobe Acrobat DC (64-bit) to Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (64-bit)

I can check for Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC\Installer\SCAPackageLevel 1.  if present, update the ProductName.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines