• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader Install displays as Adobe Acrobat DC in installed programs

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over the last 6 months we have experienced a weird issue with Adobe.  We license Adobe Pro subscription for some users but the bulk of our users have Adobe Reader.  Upon running reconciliation of installed Adobe Pro licenses, System Center discovered almost every device had Adobe Pro.  When going to a PC that displays Adobe Pro, you can see the desktop icon as "Adobe Acrobat DC" but when you launch the app, Reader is what opens.  This PC should be Reader and not Adobe Pro.  It seems most of my reader installs are acting that way.

In the past, I had my staff go through and uninstall from around 60 PC's and reinstall Adobe Reader.  Those showed fine after install but once an update was pushed, they would change back to showing Adobe Acrobat DC instead of Reader.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?  This makes it extremely difficult to track who has Adobe Pro installed.  Adobe Support was unable to assist and recommended I post here.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Codym,

Thank you for reaching out.

It is the designed behavior. There is a single installer for Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and Acrobat Pro DC.

That is the reason it shows the name Adobe Acrobat DC. For more information on identifying if Acrobat DC or Reader DC is installed, please refer to the steps suggested in the following help document: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/about-acrobat-reader-dc-migration-to-64-bit.html.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines