• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader on Mac Monterey: Zoom missing on toolbar

New Here ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like a lot of others, I can no longer change the Zoom via my tool bar, as the + _ and % buttons are all gone. I am not a big fan of + or -, as they are crude. I have always relied heavily and setting the percent.

I have read more than a dozen  posts here, but the recommended solutions don't show here. When I go to View>Show/Hide>Toolbar Items>Show Select & Zoom Tools, the options for the old icons are not there. Here are my only options:

Screen Shot 2022-05-24 at 8.00.54 AM.png

I have delete and uploaded Adobe Reader. I have tried going to default settings (which are already there, as I just uploaded) and rebotting. 

I know that I can access Zoom + and - view the View tab or using the Comnmand function, but I'd really like the percent tab back. Is there a way to get in on Mac?

Thanks for any help on this!

David

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

Would you mind sharing the version of the Acrobat DC you are uisng? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 22.1.20112 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

You may also try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

Also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I had just removed and reloaded Reader, so it is the current version without any changes. In fact. most of the files described in the reset article don't exist. 

I did set up a new User with Admin, and Reader does have the entire set of zoom tools. So, there is something wrong with how Reader is interacting with my primary account. Thoughts on how to address this? It would be a nightmare if I had to tranfer everything saved in my account to another account. 😞

Thanks, again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please give the actual version number, not "latest". People don't always find they have the latest available version: we ask because details matter.

What files are missing, from those instructions? Many people make the mistake of looking in /Library/Preferences rather than ~/Library/Preferences, which the document says, because they do not know how to look in the invisible ~/Library folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The actual version number is the exact one you mentioned--see screenshot.

I actually did use the tilde. In the Preferences folder there are four Adobe files (see below) and an Adobe folder. The Adobe sub-folder has two folders: Acrobat and ARMDC. I removed is Acrobat earlier but left the four files in the image below. The Acrobat folder has a DC folder, which itself has two dat files. The ARMDC folder has an ARM Update Notifier folder (empty) and a Support Files folder, whih contains the two documents shown below.

Even though these are not the files listed in the article, I did just try moving every Adobe file from the Preferences folder to the desktop, and this did solve the problem. So that's great. You should tell people with this problem to pull out all files, not just the named ones.

My final question: Are there any of the removed files that I need to restore to ensure functionality?

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2022-05-25 at 8.55.34 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-25 at 9.00.29 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-05-25 at 9.05.02 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

As the application is working fine in the new user account. It seems to be some issue with the primary user account. There isn't much that we can do . Please try to repair the affected user account and see if that works.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines