• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe will not show prior "fill-ins" made to fill-in PDF

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  I downloaded a form W9 from IRS.  I filled out the fields.  I saved the doc as a PDF (because it was already a PDF).  If I open the doc with MS-Edge, all the fields show what I filled.  If I look at it in the viewer in File-Explorer, I can see that the fields still show what I filled.  BUT, when I open the document into Adobe, all the fields "look" empty.  They are not empty, they just look empty.  So, the company that created the PDF sells a program that will not read PDFs?  Whatup with that.  I have adobe acrobat standard, version 2023.008.20470.  It's basically about a month old.  I still have the disks for Adobe Pro v9.  Any way to just go back to the old program that worked?  If not, then any way to fix so that I can actually use Adobe for PDFs?  Thanks.    

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to ask program questions in the forum for the program you are using
To ask in the forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/
Moving from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to the correct forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No offense meant, but I have no idea how to do what you say I should do.  I am using Adobe Acrobat.  The thing at the top that I am on shows, "adobe / acrobat / discussions ... ."  So, to me, it seems like I'm where I need to be because I am "discussing" "adobe / acrobat."  Yes?  Feel free to put it somewhere else if you want.  That said, here's a follow up to my issue recited above: 

[Forget it.  I talked with Customer Support.  Apparently, according to the person I talked to, Adobe is not designed to be able to read, nor complete, any form from any Government agency.  I guess I'll cancel Adobe and just go with Paperport and MS-Edge to do what Adobe will not.  Also, if you don't believe me, I'll try and post the chat.  I allowed Amit to take over my computer and he couldn't do any better than what I was able to do.  So, his excuse was, "oh, government forms.  Adobe wasn't designed to view and/or fill-in government forms.."  Also, he said that it's okay b/c Adobe does not market nor advertise that the program will allow me to fill in forms.  Also, he said that the form W9 from the IRS is "faulty."  That's literally what Amit told me.  So,  no more Adobe for me.      

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So.  One last post.  I am finalizing a refund, and I found another product (UPDF) that WILL allow you to view AND edit PDF's from government agencies.  Specifically, the IRS w9 form that will not work in Adobe DOES work in UPDF.  So, for what it's worth... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One last, last post... I was able to use UPDF to process the w9 that Adobe would not process.  That's good, b/c I need to send the w9 to Adobe for the $250k compensation payment they agreed to send me.  Oh, the irony.  If you find the original post, and you want to know whether Adobe will allow you to save field-info from fill-in forms, just save yourself the trouble and buy UPDF.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you filled the form with Adobe Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines