Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Won't Launch + Error Message

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

my Acrobat app will not open any document or even open the app. it also will not let me uninstall it. anytime i try anything i get the following error pop-up message i attached below. 

any guidance is appreciated, thank you.

adobe error.jpg

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting , Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that the issue still persists, Would you mind collecting the Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html  , Procmon logs (Win Only) https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html  and share them via any cloud storage. Just upload the log file to the cloud, generate the link, and share that link with us for further investigation.

Also, go through the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/fix-licensing-error-205.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @hunter_ 

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

Please try to remove the application using the Acrobat cleaner tool https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html , reboot the computer once and reinstall the application using the direct link
https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html and see if that works.

Regards
Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a download for macintosh?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @hunter_ 

Have you checked the link shared earlier, it has the downloads available for macintosh as well as shown in the screenshot below:

Amal_0-1677520424176.png

Let us know if you experience any trouble and need more help.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2023 Mar 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed your steps & I still get the same error:

adobe error.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2023 Mar 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the "For Mac OS (v10.5 and later)" because I have Mac OS Ventura 13.2.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @hunter_ 

We are sorry to hear that.

Error code 205 indicates that there was an issue with the downloaded file. This error can also occur due to network issues.

Follow the given steps. Go to the next solution only if the preceding one doesn't work.

Temporarily disable your antivirus software: See your antivirus documentation for information on how to disable antivirus software temporarily. Once you've temporarily disabled your antivirus software, try to install the app again. Remember to enable your antivirus once you are done.

Try to use a different Internet connection: If you have more than one Internet connection, try to use the other one. Then try to install the app again.

Configure your software firewall: Software firewalls restrict access to your computer. Some software firewalls prompt you when a program attempts to access the Internet. Other errors could result due to the firewall’s configuration.

If prompted, allow the Creative Cloud desktop app to access the Internet.
If you are not prompted, disable software firewalls temporarily to determine whether they are preventing Internet access.

See your firewall software documentation for help. Learn the best practices for configuring Windows Defender Firewall. Also, learn how to configure a firewall in macOS.

Once you've configured the software firewall, try to install your app again.

Note: If you are in an enterprise environment, contact your IT admin to configure your software firewall.

Regards

Amal

Marking a reply or response “Correct” will help future users with the same issue quickly identify the correct answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I turned off the Firewall on my iMac... I don't have an anti-virus software downloaded, but there is software built-into the iMac... One thing I cannot do is use a different Internet, because I upgraded my Internet awhile ago so I can't really "go back." 

I'm not sure what else I can do. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that the issue still persists, Would you mind collecting the Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html  , Procmon logs (Win Only) https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html  and share them via any cloud storage. Just upload the log file to the cloud, generate the link, and share that link with us for further investigation.

Also, go through the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/fix-licensing-error-205.html and see if that works for you.

Regards
Amal
[Edited]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay, who & where do i share the link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I tried the directions in the second link you provided & it finally installed/opened Adobe Acrobat with no issues! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @hunter_ 

We are glad to hear that. Marking a reply or response “Correct” will help future users with the same issue quickly identify the correct answer.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines