Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XI Standard Serial Number Invalid

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe,

I just got a new work computer and am trying to put Adobe XI Standard on the new computer.  I had it on my old computer and have deactivated the software there.  The Adobe Acrobat XI setup is asking me for my serial number, which I am entering correctly.  I got the number directly from my Adobe account online.  However, I get the following error (see attached).

What should I do?

Many thanks,

Elizabeth Honeycutt

[Serial removed by Mod.]

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks to me as if the solution is in the screen shot, thank you for including it. You say you are trying to install Acrobat Standard. But along the top of the window it says Adobe Acrobat XI Pro... this is a different product, needing a different serial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might think that, but I went to Adobe's site and downloaded the following:

Adobe Standard Installer.PNG

I actually thought last night that I had downloaded the wrong thing, so I redownloaded, and I still get the error.  Did the same thing again this morning, just to make sure I hadn't lost my mind, and I get the same error.

Elizabeth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem on a Mac. When I click on about this program I get Acrobat XI, but when I hover over the icon on my menu bar I get Acrobat Pro XI. Serial number won't work. Says it is expired??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, Linda!  I got zero help from the forum and contacted Adobe directly through their chat function.  The first person I "chatted" with took 90 minutes and was able to get me nowhere.  He then escalated the problem to another associate who only was able to fix it after he took control (with my permission) of my computer.  It was frustrating, but it does work now.  Total time for me (during the middle of the day, when my 1-year-old was at Mother's Day Out): just over 2 hours.

I hope this helps!  I downloaded and redownloaded and it never made a difference.

Elizabeth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines