AdobePDF.dll, error code 0x800B0101 causing print spooler service to stop

Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat 2020 on Win10 21H2. I have multiple user reporting printing problems. The print spooler service is stopped. Restarting it solves the problem temporarily, but it returns in a day or two.

Digging into the event logs on one so far, I noticed it seems the problem is being caused by adobepdf.dll (error code 0x800B0101; google results for that seem to be Windows update errors). All of the user's recent print spooler errors are pointing at that file. The crashes are mostly a day apart. Anyone know anything useful?

For now, as a band-aid, I've altered the Print Spooler's Recovery tab settings and changed the "Reset fail count after" to 1.

I searched and couldn't find anything definitive on what a 0 value means for "Reset fail count after" means. One post, and only one, claims it means never keep track of the count. But if that's true, it should always restart (1st failure always get triggered which is restart), which I know isn't true, since for multiple users, I had to restart it myself.

I believe 0 means never reset the count, except maybe if the computer has been rebooted. That would match the logs and behavior I've seen.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robs,

Thank you for reaching out, and sorry about the trouble.

Could you please share the following information to further investigate this issue:

- Share the Acrobat and OS versions used by the users.

- Share the complete error message.

- Share the complete workflow that will help us to replicate the behavior.

- Share the logs for the issue. You may use the steps suggested on the following help page: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html.

Let us know if you need any help.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. [Un]fortunately, I checked a second person having the problem and their logs pointed to a different print driver. So it's probably not an Adobe issue like I thought. It's too soon to tell if my band-aid is working or not either.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines