• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AI Assistant on Acrobat Not Working (Something went wrong. Try Again)

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2024 Apr 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I paid for the AI Assitant Subscription, and it just doesn't work. I tried it on a couple of research papers. I tried it on a simple resume. I even tried it on a document which has almost no specialized formatting. Same message over and over again "Something Went Wrong. Try Again."

It's frustrating that a premium feature won't work. And on top of that, it won't even tell me what exactly went wrong. At least give Error codes! 

Does anyone have a workaround? Oh btw, I tried to do it on the Web app too. Same problem.

TOPICS
Al Assistant

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2024 Apr 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abinash367859270zyd,

Thank you for reaching out, and sorry about the trouble caused.

Are you getting the error message with a specific PDF file, or is it happening with all PDFs? Are you using the AI assistant on Acrobat or the freeware Reader? Also, could you please confirm the current version of Mac OS that has been installed? I assume you're using the latest Acrobat/Reader app version: 24.002.20687.
Try experimenting with a different set of PDFs to see if you encounter the same error message. Additionally, restart the app once and give it another try.

Please keep us updated on your progress.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Abinash367859270zyd 

Are you still encountering the issue? Please try restarting the app, sign out, sign in again with the Adobe ID (email) linked to the purchase, and then check.

Please let us know if you encounter any error messages.

Thank you for your time and cooperation.

~Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the problem persists.

It wasn't clear in the purchase page and the entire Adobe Acrobat page --
Do I need to be subscribed to the Adobe Pro plans, in addition to Assistant
to use it? Like the plans which enable me to edit, sign or organize PDFs?

Because, I was a subscriber to such a plan (I think the lowest tier, about
$20 a month). I am not anymore. However in my plans, the AI Assistant plan
shows up as a stand-alone plan.

I signed out and signed back in, the problem still exists.

The AI assistant works in the Mobile app, and the web app, but not the
desktop version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abinash367859270zyd,

Thank you for reaching out.

As you have purchased the AI assistant subscription, you do not require an Acrobat subscription to use it. You can use it with the free version of Acrobat Reader. You can view, print, sign, and share the PDF on Acrobat Reader.

However, if you try to edit a PDF (we assume you are referring to the Edit PDF tool, not the Fill & Sign tool), the feature is part of the Acrobat subscription. Features like editing or organizing PDFs will require a separate Acrobat subscription. 

As you mentioned, the feature works on web and mobile versions. Please let us know if you use the editing or organizing options on web and mobile applications. More information will help us to provide correct information. 

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2024 May 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased the subsription of AI Assistant a couple of days ago and since last 8 hours it stopped working and requires resubsription and if I click on resubscription on Android PlayStore it shows an error.

what should I do. the android account used for purchasing AI Assistant is javediqbal307@gmail.com

regards 

javed iqbal ghumman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding to what Meenakshi has mentioned. 
Please also let us know if the machine you are using is IT-managed or personal.

~Tariq

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2024 May 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mine doesnt work either. I purchased yrly subs. Already. Error code appears. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2024 May 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Melissa37442355dkq2,

Hope you are doing well. Thanks for writing in!

I checked your account details and saw an active subscription for AI Assistant. 

Have you installed the application from the Google Play Store or Samsung Galaxy Store? This is crucial to understanding the situation, as your purchase is from Samsung, not the Google Play Store.

Also, to test, would you mind uninstalling and reinstalling the app from the Samsung Galaxy Store? Once installed, log in using the same Adobe ID you signed in to the community and check if you can use it now.

The AI Assistant Pack should work independently, regardless of whether you have an active Acrobat subscription.

If the issue persists, please share a screen recording video of the entire event and the Application version number for a better understanding and assistance.

Hope this helps.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2024 May 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Bought from samsung. I got the yearly that has error code and cant work at
first. I had to buy monthly later coz i need for work. Monthly can work but
yearly cant and has error code. Hence you probably saw active being monthly
subs.

Thks
Mel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mel @Melissa37442355dkq2,

Thanks for the response! 

I checked the details, and the yearly subscription, somehow, does not reflect on our servers but appears on the Samsung Portal. 

I am checking this with the dedicated team for further investigation and fixing.

Meanwhile, I request you to continue with the monthly plan for AI Assistant.

Your kind understanding and patience are highly appreciated!

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1000064974.jpg

 thks a lot souvik here is samsung's reply attached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1000064977.jpg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1000064982.jpg

 samsung does not want to refund me. When i contacted adobe virtual chat centre at first i was told to ask samsung for refund and not adobe. Ok, i do hope after my mthly subs expire, my yearly subs can work please? Coz i had to get a duplicate monthly subs to compensate for yrly subs not working. My extra $9.50 for $80 yearly subs that could not function 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2024 Jul 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AI assistant just keeps thinking, never delivers, overview or any screen to ask questions... stuck in the first mode. Help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2024 Jul 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for reaching out @teelight 
Is this happening with all the files? How often this issue occurs? 

You may try the following steps and let us know if that makes any difference:

• Launch Acrobat. Click on the Hamburger icon > Help > Repair installation. 
  • Restart your machine, if possible. 
  • Try again and let us know if you notice any difference or issue remains the same.

Also, kindly check if there is no intermittent issue with your network.
We will be waiting patiently for your response. 

~Tariq

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines