• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All pdfs created have yellow backgrounds

Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every pdf I create - from a Word document or create blank page - has a yellow background. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and it hasn't fixed it. Version 2021.007.20091.

When opened in another program, they are normal white, so the problem is viewing/display.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

This has worked to fix the issue:

‘Preferences’
Select ‘Accessibility’
Check ‘Replace Document Colors’
Select ‘Use Windows Color Scheme’

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried using Windows Color Scheme and it does work - still showing in yellow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

meant - doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, and changing the accessiblility settings solves the backgroud yellow but other componenent such as imported logos or graphics remain with a yellow background. This is all since the autimatic update last night and is very frustrating, as it makes it impossible to check what I am sending to my cilents. A fix or patch from Adobe is needed URGENTLY please.

TM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. It all started after automatic windows updates this week.  However, other people in my small company don't have this issue which makes it harder to pin down what is causing it. 

On files with multiple embedded images, the temporary Accessibility fix really breaks down as seen in the attached screenshot.  Part of the paged is turned back to white while acrobat can't fix the colors in other parts of the image. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should point out that the automatic update that has caused the issue was from Adobe Acrobat, and not from Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have we (collectively) determined that the file is or isn't the issue?  Does a 'yellow' PDF show properly on other machines?  Does Reader suffer the same issue?  I can't recreate the issue.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is Adobe itself and not the files.  I opened a PDF using a 3rd party reader (tested with FoxitPDF reader) and the files look fine with no problem.  I then open the same file with Acrobat and it gives it a yellow background.  For me, this is a bug affecting only Adobe products (though others it may be different).  The attached image shows a side by side comparison between the two programs with the same file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK - I have the exact same Acrobat version running on Windows 10 - 64 bit, freshly updated as well.  And this issue does not appear for me.  It would be easy to pin it on the Acrobat update... but if I recevied/installed the exact same version without this issue showing, there's likely another factor - and that might not be one from Adobe itself.  Video drivers?  I don't know, but I can't reproduce it with the same version of the software.

Theres' some smart folks that hang out in these forums - It'll get resolved, I bet.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attached are my system settings.  I know others in my company with other versions of Microsoft Surface laptops don't have this problem so it doesn't seem very easy to reproduce.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi default1feb2mw2ffg9,

Thank you for sharing the machine details.

We are investing this issue.

This is not reproducible at our end.

Would appreciate if you can share any sample PDF file having the issue.

Regards,

Sweta Karn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a PDF example and a screen capture of how my screen displays it.  When I turn on the accessibility color replacement settings, the last page displays a white background (this is text exported from a Word File).  However, it can't change the background of the first few pages that were exported from Powerpoint.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem seems to be fixed now. 

Despite this fix not working on previous attempts, today I tried again changing my ICC Profile for both my monitors to "sRGB IEC61966-2.1".   I didn't need to remove any other color profiles.  Also, both monitors needed to be set to this profile. When only my second monitor was set to this profile it didn't fix anything.  Both Acrobat and Windows are running the same versions as before so it doesn't look like any updates were auto-installed. 

This fix also solved a problem with Photoshop white backgrounds sometimes appearing yellow as well.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if it makes a difference or not, but it works fine on my macbook, but is yellow on my Windows 10 computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same exact issue. Something that just happened in the last 48 hours! That's so weird. Yellow background in every PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news on a fix yet Adobe? This is an Acrobat issue and not fixable by simply changing the colour preferences. It all went wrong on the last automatic update and as you'll see form this thread is causing problems for a lot of your cutomers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2021 Sep 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue was pervasive for all the scenarios that I tried on my computer. I have confirmed that the extra yellow color is definiately ADDED to the PDF when generating a PDF using the up-to-date Adobe Pro DC plug-in for Microsoft Word 2007.

This is my "proof" that the issue can manifest embedded in the PDF:

I ran Adobe Pre-Flight against a now "yellow" PDF that I generated as "white" in 2019. In 2019, that file had a confirmed Total Ink Coverage (TIC) of less than 240%, and never had anything other than a white background  Yesterday, Adobe Pre-Flight flagged that 2019 file as exceeding my TIC limit. That can only mean that the issue can manifest *in* the file, which it does for me.

Another thread provided a "permanent" workable solution for my case .... it's the one about going into Control Panel, Color Management, and setting sRGB IEC61966-2.1 as the profile for all existing displays.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2021 Sep 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S. - Small correction in my comments (sorry!). Yesterday, I took a 2019 DOCX file that was "perfect" and following the same Adobe steps as in 2019 to regenerate the PDF. Adobe *PUT* yellow in the new PDF, according to what I observed in Preflight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem, too -- first noticed today.  The suggested fix for color scheme settings works to eliminate the yellow background on-screen.  But scanned documents (which do not appear yellow on screen) PRINT with yellow background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2021 Sep 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two Windows 10 laptops - both fully updated. Running Acrobat DC Pro on both - fully updated. One has had the yellow background issue, but the other laptop hasn't!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow!  This is getting more interesting by the day... and needs a fix while we're at it.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this same issue that began today with a yellow background on all .pdf documents. I also uninstalled and reinstalled and it hasn't fixed the issue.  I am using Adobe Pro DC, Version 2021.007.20091.  This needs to be elevated to the Adobe Support Team since it's not an isolated case.  I was on chat with them and they said that their technicians don't work on weekends, but he did give me a Support Case ID to call on Monday. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Posting to follow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please paste what is the ICC profile you use in colorcpl.exe. Try to change to sRGB, will it fix the issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have solved it in windows with the option to calibrate screen color.

calibrar.jpg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue support unistalled, reinstalled an older version and installed a patch on TH 9.16, all was fixed however today my PDF's and .jpgs now all have the yellow background again.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines