• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All pdfs created have yellow backgrounds

Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every pdf I create - from a Word document or create blank page - has a yellow background. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and it hasn't fixed it. Version 2021.007.20091.

When opened in another program, they are normal white, so the problem is viewing/display.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

This has worked to fix the issue:

‘Preferences’
Select ‘Accessibility’
Check ‘Replace Document Colors’
Select ‘Use Windows Color Scheme’

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JPGS TOO?  In what program are you viewing the jpg to see the yellow?  If you're opening a JPG in ACrobat, it is converting it to a PDF to view.  Or is this issue showing up in other software apps too?

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's showing up in other apps as well.  I was opening .jpgs to view in photos on Windows and now updated to view in snip & sketch.  No yellow background in snip & sketch now but pdf's still have the yellow background.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow - that really makes me think operating System-level, but I don't know.  Hard to image that an Acrobat-related glitch would affect a JPG in another Windows app.

The plot thickens!

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with all my .pdf files. I'm running adobe acrobat Pro DC (32-bit) on a 64 bit windows 10 laptop. I uninstalled the program and reinstalled it with no change to the background colors of the pdf. Version 21.007.20091.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No solution yet but here's links to two more discusison threads with a "yellow" issue:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/pdf-document-pages-turning-yellow/m-p/12393321

In this discussion someone has suggested editing the colour management profiles on your device and another user said that worked for them but I haven't been able to test this myself.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/is-it-possible-to-remove-yellow-text-background-i...

This one has a complex suggestion at the end, unclear if it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first suggested fix above didn't work for me. 

The second is a thread from 2012, and someone suggested the current problem is different, and the 2012 'fix' won't work for the current issue. 

I can view docs correctly in Firefox, but that's not a fix.  
Adobe.... please fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, tried a lot but I am not willing to do more. It worked fine before, other apps make no problem and adobe should fix it soon. They charge so much money monthly:-(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been the best fix for me:

• From Windows Control Panel open Color Managment.
  • Select the affected display (if you have multiple affected displays you will need to repeat the following steps for each one).
  • Check the box "Use my settings for this device"
  • Select any existing profiles associated with this device and Remove them.
  • Click Add and choose the ICC Profile called sRGB IEC61966-2.1.
  • Click OK and then Close
  • Test

Also ensure that 'replace background colours' isnt ticked. 

Credit: Re: PDF document pages turning yellow - Page 5 - Adobe Support Community - 12382014

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't work for me. 
I can view docs in Firefox and colours are correct. But this isn't a fix. 

Adobe.... please fix. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Followed the steps above and it worked.  Be sure to REMOVE the existing profiles 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am left wondering if/when this will be patched.  A lot of folks seem to have this issue - I can't reproduce it on either of my machines.

Following with every post... until it's resolved!

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't work for me either, waiting for a fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't work and makes no science at all. It is not a problem of the display. Otherwise, the print would be OK.

I just have a bill I would like to print. The Logo is now with a yellow background, also on the printout!

Please fix it soon!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm with you!  Every day I look to see if an update has been released... and I just now am seeing one dated 9/29, ready to install.

AcroUpdate.png

I will install it this morning, but I never was able to recreate the yellow issue on my computer.  Someone who has the issue can maybe post here if the new update addresses it.

Fingers crossed!

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your solution is not a solution. The point is not viewing the yellow at the display, it's also prínted.

Every bill with a logo is printed in yellow around the logo.

It s a shame that adobe is nothing doing for now 3 month!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@oliverm21259 suggestion worked for me. but like @kathl33n stated, you have to be sure to REMOVE the existing profiles. Finally!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer below worked!!! THANK YOU. This was so annoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work for me.

defaultypi6umcvbvi0_0-1633492351449.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There so much in this thread... I'm not sure which solution you applied that worked for you.  Was it an update installation?

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the solutions offered have worked for me - if I create a pdf from InDesign the yellow background remains behind any imported jpeg/eps/ai files and also prints. It's easy enough to remove the overall yellow background by changing the colour settings as rsuggested throughout this thread, but this is only a partial fix and not a proper solution. It was all going fine until the last update - and whatever changed has impacted negatively on my work for over a month now. I am using the Creative Cloud suite on a Windows 10 PC - not uncommon and yet Adobe can't seem able to recreate the problem. Rapidly losing faith in Adobe and their ability to provide reliable software and support 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't see it in this thread, but there is another one here that I found in which an Adobe person said that the team is working on a fix, and will post it (forums/patch) as soon as it is available.  With the universality of PDF technology across industries and government... it needs to be done faster than this, I believe.  This has been going on for weeks, by the looks of this thread.

Hang in there - you're not alone in your exasperation over this... and Adobe folks do read and respond in these user forums. This has, though, been going on TOO long.

Cheers,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this same problem...  I changed to Windows Color Scheme but now all images still have the yellow background.  Bad update last month?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having this issue as well on a few of our employees workstations.  Setting:‘Preferences’ Select ‘Accessibility’ Check ‘Replace Document Colors’ Select ‘Use Windows Color Scheme’. seems to kind of hide the issue.  Printing these documents are retainging yellow as a background.  I have opened the same pdfs in Chrome and they look and print fine.  This yellow background is showing up on pdfs that i open in Acrobat DC but not in any other pdr reader.  Sure hope Adobe finds out what is the issue and quickly repair it.  I begining to think we should find a different solution that is less expensive, but just works correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree - changing the way it's displays the colors (intended for accessibility help) is not a fix - just a way of putting a band-aid on a gaping wound.  Adobe is aware of the issue, as I have seen a comment on one of these threads regarding this issue.  But it's now been weeks - and this has to be fixed!  C'mon!  There was an update posted about a week ago.  I can'tg verify if it's fixed, since I never saw the yellow stuff reported by many others.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I removed the software and downloaded the newest version of Acrobat and the issue was still there, so it was not corrected in the latest update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines