Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Alternate page number left and right on Adobe Acrobat Pro DC

Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I get a document I extracted a chapter from a document A to insert in a lightened "spin-off" document A1.

Please note I don't have the InDesign materials for the document A otherwise, it wouldn't be a brain teaser.

So, the page number from the document A don't match their new place in document A1 and are still refering to their correct places in document A:

ie, in document A, they were pages 30 to 55 and now in my new document A1, they are page 2 to 27.

I wanted to correct them but I wanted to use the footer to edit the page number and I want them to alternate between left and right so they will always be on the outside part of the booklet.

Is there a way to do it automatically?

Thanks

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll need to run the Add Header & Footer command twice, once for the odd pages and once for the even pages.

You can specify it under Page Range Options, then select Subset - Even (or odd) pages only:

try67_0-1664813931998.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@try67,

Thanks for your swift reply.

In my eagerness, yesterday, I forgot a crucial point.

Since there are spreadsheet going from left page to right page, pages are displayed 2 by 2.

So, I get odd and even page number each scroll I do.

Should I split them (and how could I do it)?

Then, follow your advice and finally reattach them (Can I?) so the public can read it more easily (as it was in the original document A).

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you want to add a page number only to each second page, and then have it alternate from left to right?

I think that would require using a script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

double-page-1954907_960_720.jpg

@try67 , not really. I get a lot of double pages where the left and right pages are in front of each others.

What I wanted to do is replace the old page numbers by the new ones where the number would of course, increment left and right.

Adobe can implement script to do it? I didn't know that. Could you please elaborate if that's the best solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe doesn't create scripts for its products, no, but freelancer developers (such as myself) do.

If you're interested in getting a quote for this task feel free to contact me privately (click my username and then on Send a Message).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@try67 thanks.

Due to the small number of pages, I don't think my company would allow the expenses but I keep that in mind.

Thanks  again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines