Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

An Internal Error Occured and Tools not showing

Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2023 Feb 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When trying to open the File menu or click on the page zoom button in Acrobat Pro DC 64-bit (win10) I am getting a pop-up that says "An internal error occured". I click 'OK' to clear the pop-up and it just appears again.

The other error I am getting is that none of the tools are showing on the tools tab or in the tools sidebar.

I have tried reparing the installation, uninstall/re-install and even running the AcroCleaner, with no luck.

I believe the error first occured after I clicked the 'dock' option on the new annoying floating toolbar that recently appeared, as I wanted to move the page view and zoom options back into the top bar.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

I finally found an answer (the 2nd correct answer) on this post - https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/internal-error-occured/m-p/13359941#M387813

"

Hi Guys

A solution that works was posted on 17th Nov by AndreX86. Reposting it here. 

I was using Acrobat Cleaner tool to remove the existing files, except the cleaner tool is not removing all faulty files/folders. Need to manually remove them. Once done, you can reintall and it should work. See below and thanks AndreX86.

New Her

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another screenshot of the tools tab showing no icons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally found an answer (the 2nd correct answer) on this post - https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/internal-error-occured/m-p/13359941#M387813

"

Hi Guys

A solution that works was posted on 17th Nov by AndreX86. Reposting it here. 

I was using Acrobat Cleaner tool to remove the existing files, except the cleaner tool is not removing all faulty files/folders. Need to manually remove them. Once done, you can reintall and it should work. See below and thanks AndreX86.

New Here , 
Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Encountered this issue. Nothing specific mentioned fixed the issue. I had to do the following to completely resolve the issue. 

1.  Use the AcroCleaner to Uninstall Adobe > https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html
          a. Reboot afterward
  2. Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features; Uninstall anything named "Adobe" 
  3.  Open an explorer window and type %appdata% and press enter. Go into each folder (Local, Local low, Roaming) and delete any folders named "Adobe"
  4. Go to C:\Program Files\ and delete any folders named "Adobe"
  5. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\ and delete any folders named "Adobe"

After you've done all that try re-installing Adobe. 

Hope that helps."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did all of that and the reinstall worked for about 2 days and the error popped back up and my tools are gone again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem with a bit of a twist and maybe more info to use for troubleshooting.

Enviroment: Windows 2022 Remote Desktop Server (20 Users)

Product: Adobe Acrobat DC Pro

Licensing (Named)

All users have no issue except one.

This user, when opening the product, will not have all the tools displayed . When attempting to edit the PDF, the dreaded "Internal Error" message is displayed with the "OK" button. During troubleshooting, I am able to run Acrobat successfully in the user's session if I right click on the shortcut and run as admin. After entering the admin credentials, all the tools are displayed and Editing is possible with out errors or issues. This user has an assigned Named License as do the others. I have gone through most of what is here in forum and other suggestions with no resolution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same issues with tools missing in the bar and in tools section and Internal error message when in View menu or trying to use a tool. As most of you the solutions given didn't work for me either. But one of them pointed me to the right direction - scaling on GPU.

As the problem appeared after Win 10 Update, I start looking in that direction. My system is old i5-2xxx with IGD - Intel HD, so drivers were limited to control the scaling. My monitor is FullHD AOC. And the culprit was I selected additional udates during the Win Update, one of them was AOC driver.

So the solution for me was to remove the AOC monitor driver - 2 times (it kept installing older version) with remove  drivers selected. Until it was Generic PNP monitor.

And voila! Adobe Acrobat was back in business as usual.

Crazy!

Hope it works for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines