• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

An unexpected error occurred. PDFMaker was unable to produce the Adobe PDF

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Acrobat Pro XI (Version 11.0.18)

Whenever I try to create a PDF from a word document from within Acrobat Pro, I get the error, "An unexpected error occurred. PDFMaker was unable to produce the Adobe PDF"

I also get the same error when I try to batch process the word documents from the option in Windows Explorer.

The only way I can PDF multiple Word Documents is to go into each one individually in Word (Office 2013) and save as PDF, which is really tiem consumign when I have 50 word documents. I have tried disabling the PDF add-on for Word - and same error. Also same error when I re-enable the addo-on.

I can't believe we paid hundreds of dollars for this software and yet the only customer support is this help forum. Thanks, Adobe.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Folks, I had this same problem on two separate pc's.  It took me a couple of hours to figure out a way to work around it.  Specifically, using Windows 7 and 8.1, Word 365, and Adobe writer subscription or whatever, when I would right click on the word document and convert to pdf or combine as a pdf, it would return the error.  The other methods would work fine, but since I routinely compile word documents to a single pdf to circulate drafts, this was an unacceptable workaround.  There was no sup

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Adobe Standard DC and went directly to create PDF. I selected an MS Word Document and received the same message. I tried creating a new word document instead of using one that was preexisting. Same message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

I have shared a tool with you over mail. Could you please run the tool on your machine and share the log with us?

Regards,

Basma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SUCCESS: Word Version 15.0

SUCCESS: Word has no disabled addins.

SUCCESS: Word addin's state has not been altered.

SUCCESS: Successfully opened Adobe PDF printer

SUCCESS: Successfully found font

SUCCESS: All dlls in PDFMaker folder are present

SUCCESS: All dlls in PDFMaker Common folder are present

SUCCESS: All CoreTech dlls are present

SUCCESS: Word Version 15.0

SUCCESS: Word has no disabled addins.

SUCCESS: Word addin's state has not been altered.

SUCCESS: Successfully opened Adobe PDF printer

SUCCESS: Successfully found font

SUCCESS: All dlls in PDFMaker folder are present

SUCCESS: All dlls in PDFMaker Common folder are present

SUCCESS: All CoreTech dlls are present

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

I went through the logs and from the log it seems there is a problem with your Office installation. Could you please try to repair Office once and let us know if it fixes the issue. Also do you face an issue in conversion if you use the Acrobat->Create PDF option from within the Office application?

Regards,

Basma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran the office 2013 repair tool.

Computer requested restart. Complied with request.

Opened a word document and used the Acrobat add in tab create button to make the current word document into PDF. No issue during this process.

So at this time right click on a word document to convert from right click content menu doesn't work. Same message

From adobe acrobat standard DC window still receive the message when creating a PDF and selecting a word document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

I have shared the next steps with you over mail.

Regards,

Basma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please share with me the fix too. thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hayden,

I have shared a tool with you over mail. Could you please run the tool on your machine and share the log with us?

Regards,

Basma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not administrator on my machine, so I'll have to work with my IT staff to be able to run an executable file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.  What tool do I need to solve it.

Thanks,

Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg,

Have shared the tool with you over mail.

Regards,

Basma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The tool does not appear to be working for anyone who tries it. Any other suggestions please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue.  Adobe Standard XI and Microsoft Office 2010.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue.  Adobe Standard XI and Microsoft Office 2010.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Can you please share the repair tool with me?

My email address is:

TVigil@VigilantHoldings.com

Thank you,

Todd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you please share the tool here?  Obviously, many of us are having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am facing same Problem. I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (2015 release) and office 2007 SP3. I can convert the documents to pdf by using pdf printer. I just can not use the right click menu to convert office document to pdf. It would be really great if you can help me with this.

Thanks,

Nitin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same issue, it would be nice if the solution was posted publicly so those of us browsing for a solution could actually find one.  Adobe support is apparently not very good. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing the same issue. Reparing Adobe DC installation and MS Office installation do not fix the issue. Very annoying to have to open up each individual file to convert to PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the issue as well, and have checked to ensure all programs are updated to their latest versions. Any fixes besides making the files one at a time? I'm trying to convert and merge 62 files...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's September 12, 2017 and I am getting the same error message.

Problem raised to Adobe Acrobat Support team 3 weeks ago: Problem combining Word doc to PDF. I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. I had 5 Customer Support team of Adobe Acrobat who did a ''remote assistance'' yet no success of resolving the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please let me know how I can get this fixed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also getting this same issue!

Windows 10 x64 1709

Office 2013 x86 SP1

Adobe Acrobat 2017 Pro 17.0.11.30070

I can use the Create PDF option within Word\Excel, but when I try to use the Right-Click option on a Word\Excel file I get this error.  I also receive the error when I try to create a PDF from directly within Acrobat, Tools->Create PDF.  Same error.  Each time I try it also holds the file open and I have to use Task Manager to close a locked instance of Word\Excel.

I have found that if I go to Programs and Features and Change the installation of Acrobat, removing PDFMaker, that I can then use the Righ-Click option and create PDFs from within Acrobat, but that removes the Office Addin (Acrobat tab).

If there is a fix for this available I would LOVE it, I work in the IT department for my company and have been able to reproduce this issue on at least one of my user's workstations as well as my own, but other machines do not have the issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is nearly March, 2018.  This issue persists, as we are having this issue, too. 

Why is the solution not being posted here in this forum so that people can actually resolve the issue without having to post yet another message?  This is concerning.

Can someone please send/share the solution?  I have nearly 200 users with this issue.

We're on Windows 7/Office 2010 (soon to change so we're in the 21st century).

Please send a solution.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines