• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Asking how to stop the"Reopen Closed PDFs" message from appearing?

Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2019 Jul 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Every time I open a PDF document I see a blue background box in the upper right corner with white lettering, "Reopen Closed PDFs  Your last Acrobat session ended abruptly.  Click Restore to open the PDFs from the last session."

I don't know if I am doing something wrong, or this is just another Adobe pop up that comes up on its own.  So, I have to go over and click on the "X" in the upper right inside the box to get it to disappear.

Thanking you in advance for your help.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Hi All,

We have released an update today for Adobe Acrobat 2015, Acrobat 2017 and Acrobat DC in which a new preference is added to enable or disable this capability. By default, the preference is disabled.

Please update the applicaiton latest version released for the application.

You may refer to the following link to check the latest versions available. Release Notes | Adobe Acrobat, Reader

For more details on the new update, please refer to the following help document What's new in Adobe Acrobat DC

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, the popup is appearing sporadically. Few recent opening of the program were not followed by its appearance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes same here.

Thank you for all your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too experience this annoying pop-up.

Why can't Adobe address this in an update ?

The application sould respond to my request, and stop running so many background processes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this in Acrobat Pro DC:

Edit > Preferences > Documents

Set "Documents in recently used list:" to 0 (zero)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of these answers on the whole thread stopped the 'Reopen closed PDFs' pop-up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I concur

Very annoying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Let's try something.

Can you share a dump file, or check the event manager (if you use windows).

I don't get this problem, so I'm starting to think if this has to do with specific type of files.

Also, you mentioned that none of the solutions offered in the thread worked. That means that the registry editing suggestions are not lockable.

We're gonna have to look harder on that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same issue Adobe Reader DC - version 2020.009.20067.   on Windows 8.1 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is actually a WRONG answer.

Can we get a correct answer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this still happening with the latest Acrobat version update?

Iam starting to wonder if we need to mess around with registry settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked for updates, closed everything, reopened, rebooted, it does fix the nag screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I would recommend for the sake of all the other 5.8K users that landed here many times to seek answers:

• Open a new thread with the same question rephrased just a lttile different so it doesn't get spammed as duplicate post, but link this post to that page.

• Specifically clarify that this thread hasn't been updated and it doesn't provide the correct solution anymore.

• State that the latest version update for Acrobat addressed the issue.   Thank Adobe (optional...but I always do anyway..someone had tha balls to actually take care of the problem)

• and then mark your own answer as correct solution.

Thank you for sharing that feedback!. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This helped rid the message in Acrobat DC 2020. Credit to Amal.

1) Close Acrobat/Reader and then Open regedit.exe in Run command.

2) Navigate to the Path: HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC\ and create a key with name "FeatureState"

3) In FeatureState Create a new item with Type: "REG_DWORD" Name: "SessionRestorePromptAbnormalExit" and Value: 0

4) Relaunch Acrobat/Reader and observe that the Blue popup won't be coming again for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines