Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Browser keeps opening

Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Everytime i'm opening a new odf file in my computer, my web browser keeps opening, leading me to the Organize Pages tool on Adobe Acrobat website. What should I do to stop this from happening?

Thanks

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Hi Roee,

We have suggestions from the Engineering team on this.

Please try creating the following registry:

Path: HKCU\Software\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC\Workflows\cServices

Key: bPagesAppRhpExpanded

Type: REG_DWORD

Value: 0

How to navigate the registry setting, here's a help article with detailed steps:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/how-to-open-registry-editor-in-windows-10-deab38e6-91d6-e0aa-4b7c-8878d9e07b11  

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Roee,

Thanks for reaching out.

Everytime i'm opening a new odf file in my computer, my web browser keeps opening, leading me to the Organize Pages tool on Adobe Acrobat website. What should I do to stop this from happening?

As mentioned above, every time you open a PDF file on your computer, it keeps opening in web browsers. 

Would you mind confirming what is the default PDF viewer set to open the .pdf file on your computer?

Please share the screenshot of the PDF file list saved in your Windows File explorer if possible. This would help us to identify how your .pdf files are set to open. 

For example: If files are showing Chrome/Edge/Explorer (web browser) icon, the file is set to open online. 

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Thanks for the answer - but you got me wrong. The file opens on the Adobe reader, as needed. Parallel to that, google chrome opens with this page:

https://acrobat.adobe.com/link/acrobat/organize-pdf/?x_api_client_id=api_reader_desktop_win_22.1.201...

All I want is that the pdf file keeps opening on Adobe Reader, like now, but without the broweser opening simultaneously with the target link mentioned above.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming that.

Is it possible for you to share the screen recording of your entire workflow? Like when you open a file saved on a desktop, it takes you to the DC web.

What we understand now that along with the desktop application Acrobat Reader DC, it also opens the Document Cloud website that's landing on the Organize pages tool.

It shouldn't happen unless there's an inbuilt hyperlink within the PDF file.

~Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it happens with any file tha I open...

I'm attaching a video.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2022 Aug 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you help me please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Roee,

How to navigate the registry setting, here's a help article with detailed steps:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/how-to-open-registry-editor-in-windows-10-deab38e6-91d6-...  

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it finally might have worked. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please share a solution for mac on the same issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Roee,

Thank you so much for sharing the screen recording. Please share the following details to discuss this further with our product team.

1- Exact version of Adobe Acrobat installed. Open Acrobat>help>About Acrobat

2- For testing, you may Run this cleaner tool to remove the existing installer and application’s files traces:

https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html

Download the Acrobat installer from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html

Let us know if this makes any difference.

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Roee,

Here's a help article with detailed steps to navigate the registry setting:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/how-to-open-registry-editor-in-windows-10-deab38e6-91d6-...  

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having same issues. Super annoying. Did this solution work for you or did you figure something else out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the thing with the registry. It worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok even though on a terminal server, that seemed to work for me. Thanks! I wonder what caused that in the first place. Strange issue! I guess they always are...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Retyping because of the typo for future search:

Hi,

Everytime i'm opening a new pdf file in my computer, my web browser keeps opening, leading me to the Organize Pages tool on Adobe Acrobat website. What should I do to stop this from happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the video, it looks like you have a Windows PC.

From you start menu, type: "Choose a default app for each type of file"

and click on result. 

This should open a list of filetypes.

Scroll down to find ALL the possible .pdf options (pdf, pdx, ...). Maybe one is connecting to Acrobat and your browser.

You can click on the icon of your browser correcpoding to an Acrobat option and change it to 'nothing' or Acrobat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Eric Dumas 

Your suggestion is to set up Acrobat as the default pdf viewer for opening .pdf files. This solution is not related to the issue being discussed here. It's a recently reported known issue, where engineering shares a registry fix (for Windows users). 

@Roee254864779xw4 Thanks for confirming that the registry fix has worked for you. 

~Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, same problem here. I am running Windows 11 and am opening .pdf files with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Version 2022.002.20191 64-bit. Every time the Reader opens a pdf file, it simultaneously opens the Organize Pages tool on Adobe Acrobat website in the web-browser. The registry trick described above did not help or make any difference, at least in the form that I was able to implement it (see the attached screenshot). What am I doing wrong? Are there any other recommendations on how to deal with this annoying behavior? In my case, it was introduced when I upgraded the OS from Windows 10 to Windows 11.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aften adding the reg key and then restarting the PC.

Try logging off and on adobe applikation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Server 2016, registry fix does not resolve the issue 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines