• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[BUG] PreFlight Page Size not working in Acrobat Pro DC?

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I have been fighting with Acrobat for weeks now, spending hours on the phone with customer service with no avail. I am trying to simply resize a document, from 8 x 11 to 4 x 5.50. I am using PreFlight with the Acrobat Pro DC 2015 Profiles to resize it, however it keeps making the document 4 x 5.17. The documents are produced from a content managment system called Schema ST4, I've never had an issue like this before. Documents are also extremely buggy, I'm only able to edit text boxes one key stroke at a time. My companies IT team does not know what to do, everyone at Adobe that I've spoken to does not know what to do, and the CMS software company does not know what to do. So I am at a loss. 

I have unistalled Acrobat multiple times as well. Has anyone had this issue before or know what I can do to fix it?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share a sample file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please let me know if this is accessible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can access the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your attached pdf has two page sizes, the first and last pages are 4.01 x 5.5 and all other pages are 4.25 x 6.59. the trim box on the 4.25 pages is smaller than the crop box. You could try to run a preflight fixup to make the crop box the same as the trim box before re-sizing, or place the pdf into InDesign at the desired size and export to a new pdf. As for editing the pdf, It's almost always better to edit the original document and produce a new pdf, another option would be to set new copy in InDesign on top of the placed pdf, then delete the unwanted copy on the original pdf and export a new pdf from InDesign.

Edit- also try removing the first and last pages before re-sizing, then re-combine.

crop box.pngTrim box.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for the info! However, I don't know why the pages changed sizes like that, that was another bug I forgot about. I used PreFlight to change all page sizes to the 4.25 x 5.50 size...and that was the result. When I tried again, it kept the first page the same size but the other pages even longer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you upload a sample pdf before you try to re-size it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the original pdf before I tried doing anything to it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried to re-size your pdf to 4.25 x 5.5" using Acrobat on a Mac, all pages re-sized as expected (pdf attached). Have you checked for updates to your copy of Acrobat? Are you using the same preflight in my screen shot? As a last resort, you could place the pdf into InDesign (if you have it) as I previously mentioned, that would almost certainly work. Also, you should be checking the pdf size in Acrobat, beyond that, I'm out of ideas.

The software that produced your pdf is also apparently not handling the JAVAC logo very well, as it has a screen pattern in it. in addition, the tabs that say "English" should have bleed if you are sending this to a commercial printer.

Re-size preflight.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines