• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't add image to PDF

Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2016 Jul 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lately, I've been having trouble adding images using Edit PDF>Add Image. I'm using Acrobat Pro DC on Mac OS X 10.11.6 (El Capitan), but it happened in 10.11.5 as well.

When I open the PDF, if I try to add a PNG, it will show the PNG under the cursor, but I cannot left click and have the PNG "appear" in the PDF (as it used to). The cursor just moves around with the image under it, but will not respond to any mouse clicks. However, if I add a JPG (which works), and replace it with the PNG using right click-Replace Image from the context sensitive menu, this works fine (usually).

What's happening? How can I fix this? It's intermittent but frequent, which makes it really confusing.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jul 21, 2016 Jul 21, 2016

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the report. We are sorry that you are facing this issue. This has been reported and is being currently looked at.

For the time being, here is a workaround.

• If you go into an unresponsive mode, press 'Esc' key.
    • You'll come out of the unresponsive state.
  • If you want to add images to the document,
    • Use Right click to invoke the context menu on the canvas area.
    • Use 'Add Image...' option from the menu.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Onkesh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant , Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

THE SOLUTION that fixed all issues with my Acrobat Pro DC, including the Add Image Issue, was provided by Dov Isaacs with my deepest appreciation.

I had installed Adobe Reader DC along with Acrobat Pro DC.   That was the problem.  Reader DC broke Acrobat Pro DC.

After uninstalling Reader DC with AcroCleaner tool and doing a repair installation of Acro Pro DC, Acro Pro DC now works exactly as it should.  Removing Reader DC cleared up all issues.

The key is to use the AcroCleaner tool (for DC vers

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How To Add Image To PDF in Adobe Reader
https://youtu.be/JohNyc_nyL8

In this step-by-step tutorial, Learn Add Image to PDF | How To Add Image To PDF in Adobe Reader | How To Insert Image in PDF For Free This video is for teaching and helping purposes, My goal is to help you save time so you can spend it on the activities that matter. If you like the video, then ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines