• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Edit Callout Boxes

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I place a callout with the arrow, it is displayed as a grouped entity. I can not edit, resize, move the arrow or do anything that I once was able to do.

Capture.PNG

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

That is normal when you select the "Add text callout" as opossed to when you use other comments or annotations geometrical shapes, sticky notes or a text box.

So as you've observed, the text callout (with an arrow) is a annotation type composed of various shapes and elements that allows the editing of the text that will be typed in in the floating textbox as well as the arrow which allows the enlarging or decreasing of the size of the arrow, and it will do so independently from each other.

In addition, by grabbing any of the outer edges of the rectangular frame with the Selection Tool (the black arrow), it allows the user to manipulate all the elements that are inside of that shape bigger or smaller in unison (or as a single entitiy as you've described).

However, I've noticed myself that this feature becomes burdensome and glitchy to work with if the Page Zoom is anything under 100% zoom.

If you increase the zoom for that page, you'll be able to click inside the text box with ease, work with the arrow or even right-click on any area inside of the rectangle to invoke the "Porperties" context menu (which is what you're looking for - if I understood your question correctly-).

That said, when you're able to open up that context menu, and select "Properties", the "Callout Properties" dialogue window will open up; see in the "Appearance" tab (first tab from left to right) if the tick box "Locked" is not checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with CADManDrew.  In Acrobat 2017 I could draw a text callout box, then move the arrow tip, change the overall size of the box, move the box around, etc.  I can't do anything now.  I try to grab the usual handles, and the cursor turns into the double-bar-arrow to move one side of the text box, or the angled-arrow to change both the height and width of the box at the same time, or the 4-arrow cursor to move the box and arrow around, but nothing happens when I click and drag.  Nothing.  And of course the cursor doesn't show up when I do a print-screen to show you the different arrows.... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2024 Feb 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This tool has become useless. I've wasted a whole lot of time scratching my head as to why I cant move or adjust anything with text callouts of any kind. What happend to acrobat? Used to love now I cant work in it at all. I should be able to modify endlessly regardless of zoom. I have zoomed out to 100 and same result. Cant alter to orignal placement. 

Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I agree. Not only is it useless, it is counterproductive. When I try to resize a text box and move it right, Adobe moves it left and vice versa. WTF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Michael36214261h2sl ,

I've observed this issue too.

There is a new feature that was introduced in more recent updates to Acrobat :  "Enable auto-adjust by default"

And it interferes with the expected workflow.

As I've also noticed on these forums that, not only many users have brought forward complains with the Acrobat new user interface (UI) experience, but also the program activates the new "Enable auto-adjust by default" feature on each update.

Disabling that feature resolves the editing issues for me.

See this discussion:

Additional relevant reading here:

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines