Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't install Acrobat DC error 136

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

Everytime I try to install the Acobradt the message "Installation Failed" appears with error 136 and when I click retry, the same error repeats. 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that.

Error Code 136 is usually caused by a corrupted registry entry. Most errors on your machine are caused by uninstalling programs, installing new ones and accidentally deleting important files.

Please try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights on Windows or enable the root account in Mac and try installing the application there and check.

You may aslo look at the correct answer marked in the similar discussion: https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install/error-code-136-wont-download-trials/td-p/7406417?page=1

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

If you get this error message on a MacBook with M1 silicon Apple chip, this solution may help: I created a second user with administrator rights and downloaded the program there without any problems. After that it works for all users.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jun 14, 2023 Jun 14, 2023

I dopwnloaded the offline installer, and installed it, it gave me multiple errors during installaiton (error 1603 below) but I was able to Ignore and contine and now it is working for a day, i will keep monitoring it, nd if crashed for any reason, i will recontact you.

i will install the log collector tool mentioned in the technical help link so I can provide you with spesific logs collected during hte installaiton.

Thanks.

Setup.exe failed with exit code: 1603

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

I encountered the same problem and found a solution today. I removed the empty Acrobat DC folder, and it is solved. Mine is located at D:/AdobeApps/Acrobat DC, but it might differ depending on the setting.

My Acrobat had some issues, so I tried reinstalling it. However, after uninstalling the app, it kept failing to install. Although I tried several methods, including the cleaner tool mentioned above, nothing worked. Then, I discovered an empty folder in the AdobeApps folder. I removed it and tr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MVP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2024 Jan 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was my issue 100%. Easy fix. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2024 Jan 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you -- saved me a ton of work! I am on a Mac, I just emptied the contents of my Acrobat DC folder in Applications, restarted (just in case) and reinstalled without any issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2024 Jan 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me! YOU SAVED MY LIFE! Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines