• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't install acrobat pro

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After buying a new computer because After Effects suddenly refused to work on the old one, I find I can't install Acrobat Pro on the new machine. 

Trying to install from the CC desktop app.

Everything else installed fine.

Acrobat Pro installs to about 20%, gets hung up on 'Extracting' and I get a 'Progress is Slow' message, then installation fails at 43% or 71%. 

Error Code: 136

Error log:

Exit Code: 7
Please see specific errors below for troubleshooting. For example, ERROR: DW003, DW071 ...

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 2 error(s)

----------- Payload: Adobe Acrobat DC 21.5.20058.0 Adobe Acrobat\Setup.exe_21.005.20058 -----------

ERROR: DW071:

ERROR: DW003: Third party payload installer Adobe Acrobat\Setup.exe failed with exit code: 1602

Have obviously tried to rebot, reinstall CC Desktop etc

I downloaded Creative Cloud Cleaner, but as there isn't anything Acrobat related installed, I can't figure out how to use this to 'clean up' and installations. 

Any help would be appreciated.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you are unable to install the Acrobat pro from CC application and get the error 'Exit Code 7'

Please check out the steps/suggestions shared in the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/error-exit-6-exit-7-cc.html which talks about the same and see if that works for you.

If the issue still persists, please run the Acrobat cleaner tool - https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html  reboot the computer and reinstall the application using the link - https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I put in my first message, I have the cleaner tool, but I don't know how to use this as Acrobat is not installed. Can you advise on how to use the cleaner in this case?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. Go to the link https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html and download the cleaner tool as per your OS and run it and see if it finds any previous installation files present on your computer and after running it , reboot your computer and install the applicatrion using the link shared earlier .

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi 

Apologies for the trouble you are facing installing Acrobat. We would need some log files from your machine to help debug the issue. Please download and run Adobe log collector tool from How to use the Creative Cloud Log Collector tool (adobe.com) and upload the log files to Adobe server. Please share the name of log file here as well to help us get the specific logs.

Regards

Ravi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines