• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't reorder pages

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't reorder pages. Normally you can just drag a page to the new locatiion to change order, but I can't. anyone else had this problem? I am using Acrobat DC Pro with Windows 10Pro

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the document have any security restrictions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. I created the document from scanning pages. When I was unsuccessful at reordering the pages, I emailed to my wife who had no problem. I am not using Reader. It is Acrobat DC Pro with my CC subscription. It's funny that my wife was able to do it on her little laptop. I'm the one with the hardcore system with all the bells and whistles to do 3D and motion graphics. I uninstalled the applicaton, reinstalled it, restarted my system, tried other PDF documents, and all had the same result. Very frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly happens when you try to move the pages around? What are the results?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2017 Aug 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found answer in another forum that worked for me: "

reply from try67in thread https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1348512

Zoom out, so the entire page is visible, then drag&drop works"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zooming has no bearing on my ability to rearrange pages. When I hover over a thumbnail, I get the black pointer. When I click the blue selection box gets a darker blue board. When I drag, nothing happens. It highlights pages I am going over, but no blue line appears suggesting I can drop a page. Dragging doesn't seem to be working at all. There is nothing to indicated that I am successfully dragging a page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What application (including exact version number) are you using?
Is the file otherwise editable? Can you delete pages from it, for example?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Pages are otherwise editable. In the page thumbnails, I can delete and insert pages.

I have resorted to creating all my PDFs one page at a time and then using the insert page feature to build multi-page PDFs in the correct order.

Thanks,

Gary

[Private info removed. -Mod.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the file with us (via Dropbox, Google Drive, Adobe Document Cloud, etc.)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem occurs across multiple files. I’ve attached the same one here that I attached in my original post.

Best,

Gary

<http://www.brazzellmarketing.com/>

Brazzell Marketing Agency

Be First in the Minds of Your Customers!

44 Dewberry Drive / Woodlawn, VA 24381-3442

P: (866) 272-3799 / F: (276) 236-5070

W: <http://www.brazzellmarketing.com/> www.BrazzellMarketing.com

Subscribe to our Marketing Matters newsletter:

www.BrazzellMarketing.com/Marketing-Matters/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you get my upload from the original post? I’m not invested enough to work through FTP sharing.

-Gary

<http://www.brazzellmarketing.com/>

Brazzell Marketing Agency

Be First in the Minds of Your Customers!

44 Dewberry Drive / Woodlawn, VA 24381-3442

P: (866) 272-3799 / F: (276) 236-5070

W: <http://www.brazzellmarketing.com/> www.BrazzellMarketing.com

Subscribe to our Marketing Matters newsletter:

www.BrazzellMarketing.com/Marketing-Matters/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum doesn't accept email attachments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem to reorder the pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. New here. I've been replying by email, and I just noticed that only the text is getting through. The version you asked for is 2019.012.20034 Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. The problem is not file specific. It happens on every file. So here's a file I tested and can't reorder the pages: https://brazzellmarketing.com/Referral-Doubling-Strategy-Home-Health.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works just fine for me. It might be helpful if you could upload a video showing how you're trying to do it.

Also, please don't reply by email as it includes your full contact details, and the moderators have to remove them from your emails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm starting to think mine is a Windows problem. It started with Adobe yesterday, but now I can't drag files in Windows Explorer either. I'm going to track this as a Windows problem for a while before looking harder at Acrobat.

Update: It was an incomplete Windows update. Reboot fixed it. Had nothing to do with Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2019 Jun 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experienced identical symptoms.

Not sure if it was a Windows Update issue, but a reboot immediately solved the problem.

This is a Windows-related issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had the exact same problem. Went into Preference and editing were locked and couldn't change it.

It was fixed by right click on the file (in file exploler), then select 'Edit with Adobe Acrobat' to open the file.

Yup could be a bug of Windowns as I never ecountered it on Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2023 Sep 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue on mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2024 Jan 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have this problem often.  If I close Adobe completely and re-open the file I can then re-order the pages.  Very annoying.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines