Can't select paper sizes to print

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2016 Aug 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat DC

Windows 10 Pro

Epson WF-7520

Acrobat won't allow me to select the proper paper size I need to print - most importantly a legal size or an 11x17.

I've done everything I can think of - updated printer driver, restarted computer and printer, tried to manually select paper size on the WF-7520. But Acrobat will only allow me to select a five different paper sizes. See screen shot.

HELP!!!

Screenshot (1).jpg

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2016 Aug 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi shawnvader  ,

Could you please tell if this is happening with a specific document or with other documents as well?

Have you tried to print from other applications like MS Word or Notepad?

Try to print to Adobe PDF and check if you are getting options to change Page Setup.

Also , try to print from other application and check if you are getting the same options in there as well.

Let us know about the results.

Thank You!

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2016 Sep 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having exactly the same problem.  I'd take a screen shot but it looks the same as above.  Was there an actual answer to this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2016 Sep 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI GElevations ,

Have you tried printing to Adobe PDF?

Select Adobe PDF from the printer's list and check if you are getting other paper sizes as well under Page Setup.

Let me know the results.

Thank You,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2016 Sep 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

That didn't work either.  In all of my programs it was the same.  We

ended up uninstalling the updated driver for my printer and reinstalling

an older one.  That fixed the problem.  I upgraded to a new computer and

I think my printer is now too old for it.  All fixed though.

Thanks so much for getting back to me

[Personal information removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 02, 2016 Oct 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're Welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this exact issue as above.  Has this been solved yet.  I am in desperate need to print legal size documents. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not able to select legal size although document is actually legal size.  See the attached.Untitled.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barrybean,

Could you please let us know the dot version of Reader you have on the machine?

You may refer to this link on how to check the version: Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Have you tried checking the option which says "Choose paper source by PDF page size", under Page sizing & handling, does that work?

Have you tried printing other pdf files?

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Architecture: x86_64

Build: 17.12.20098.240878

AGM: 4.30.71

CoolType: 5.14.5

JP2K: 1.2.2.38798

Works fine if I use the HP printer.  It is just with the Epson WF-R4640 Series Printer that it does not allow this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2018 Dec 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem. Why has this not been solved in 2 years?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Page Setup dialogue is not part of the Acrobat interface, but is dependent on the Operating System and Printer Driver. Sorry did not see this before or I would have answered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jamesi397977  wrote

I am also having this problem. Why has this not been solved in 2 years?

It probably is not a problem. The paper sizes are those that your printer (driver) reports to the OS. Acrobat does not let your choose a paper size that your printer does not report.

If your printer can do other page sizes, the printer needs to report that to the OS. Acrobat reads those information and lets you use that.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone else mentioned reinstalling the old version of the driver software....I tried that, and now I can select the tray and the paper size. I still doesn't work in Photoshop, but it does work in windows.... Now when it asks if I want to update the software, I just say "no"...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for me too. When printing from any other application, the printer driver allows me to select ledger size but not from Acrobat or Acrobat Reader. Someone said that Acrobat uses the Windows driver but the printy interface appears completely different when in Acrobat and there are only a few paper choices when the printer is capable of far more. It seems that Acrobat isn't getting everything being reported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still using Adobe Pagemaker 7.0 and it also doesn't have a choice for the lower paper tray connected to my Epson WF-7720. Or to the rear feed which could also be an option. Is the program too old or is it something else? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is maddening: the Epson 7520 printer is quite common and works fine with all the main applications used on Win 10 but one: Acrobat Reader DC. There is just no excuse for not having solved this problem 4 years ago. I am abandonning Acrobat Reader DC: advanced features are totally useless if the basic functions such as printing are no longer available or degraded. Acrobat XI works perfectly (with latest Win 10 updates)  using all the features of this very versatile 7520 printer. Until further notice that will be my only practical solution for printing manuals with a  mix of page sizes (schematics are often legal or 11x17 formats). Adobe had something working and broke it. No kudos. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am in the same boat. I need Ledger, to be able to choose paper tray for the 11x17 paper, and two-sided printing is also missing. Who is monitoring this page? clearly not Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is apparently an Epson issue and downgrading the software and drivers to an earlier version fixed the problem. Of course, Epson keeps trying to update it all again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you be more specific ? Working driver version ? I suppose you have to disable the automatic update of Epson drivers. Also has anyone badgered Epson to fix the problem ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I cannot or I would have done so. I run Linux primarily and do not have a Windows system here to check. I can say that the problem I had was about six months ago and whichever version was current at the time, I reinstalled the version just prior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Landed here having the same issue. Deflated and with a deadline, I opened pdf w/ Edge and it was a seemless print to tabloid/11x17...didn't even have to change any settings, all was recognized as one would hope. 

Ironically, I had just reassigned Adobe Reader as pdf default on my Windows machine because I need/want to be able to use Adobe keyboard shortcuts - Edge seems, I don't know... focused on tablet-moving-around-style?  

I've noticed as all the software giants move towards subscription-based licensing, that more and more basic (and useful) tools and options move to paid versions of software/apps... for now, native os apps for handling/printing might be the way to go? I use Preview over Reader on my macs. Luckily, they have long shared/grandfathered keyboard shortcuts that jive across products. (Plus, it's generally more useful for me!) 

But, I ramble... yah, try letting edge open/print if you're Windows and Preview if you're OSX. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What I ended up doing to solve the problem was to downgrade the printer driver to the prior version. The latest seems to have a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines