• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot crop in Acrobat Pro DC

Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After years of using Acrobat Pro X I was forced to get a subscription for Acrobat DC Pro because X wouldn't install on my new system. For many, many reasons I am very unhappy.

The latest is annoyance is cropping pages. I've always been able to select the section of the page I wanted to keep and crop much as you would in Photoshop. Following the Adobe instructions, I am never able to draw a frame of the area to be cropped. The cursor turns into an arrow, but it doesn't respond. All I get is a "Set Page Boxes" dialog.

Is there another way of doing it?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

I just chatted with supported. They remoted into my machine and needed to make a registry change. Now it works.

Thanks for trying to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Verify this is your workflow.

1. Edit PDF
  2. Select Crop Pages from the top tool bar
  3. Hold down your mouse button and drag your container area
  4. Press Enter
  5.  Adjust the properties in the Page Boxes Dialog.
  6. Click Ok.

maxwithdax_0-1661199980441.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

>>Hold down your mouse button and drag your container area

I'm assuming that you mean to "drag your container area" on the actual file. When I hold the mouse button down there is no response. All I get is the "Set Page Boxes" dialog.

And what I find very odd is that on the right side of the window everything is grayed out except "SCANNED DOCUMENTS."

Capture.PNG

Is this the way it's supposed to look?

Cropping pages is something I used thousands of times in X. If this really is the only owrkflow, then this is a dramatic step in the wrong direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for not being more clear. Before you select your drag your container area on the document you have to click the Crop Pages Tool (see blue text in attached screenshot circled in red). This activates the crop selection tool.

maxwithdax_0-1661209132177.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, maxwithdax.

I have been doing that all along.

I open the pdf, click "Edit PDF" on the right-hand side, then click "Crop Pages."

The cursor turns into the cross hairs, but nothing can be selected. It doesn't respond at all.

Double clicking opens the dialog box.

This very troubling because I regularly need to crop PDF pages and in X it was very easy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just chatted with supported. They remoted into my machine and needed to make a registry change. Now it works.

Thanks for trying to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spoke way too soon.

This stopped working as soon as I closed then reopened Acrobat. I dealt with 4 different support people via chat, one of whom remoted in and uninstalled CS6 (with which I was having no issues).

I reinstalled everything myself and now I cannot crop and I also can't even highlight or underline text on pdfs created from Word files. I have graded over 7,000 tests that I created in Word and converted to pdf for grading. Now I can't even use the basic tools.

I've gone through all of the preferences dozens of times and nothing works.

This is truly a nightmare.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2023 Mar 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue, it was working fine until a few days ago.  If you find a fix please post it.  I have been trying everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2023 Nov 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar problem. But when I select crop, the page just stays on loading forever and never actually loads for me to be able to do anythig.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2023 Dec 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot crop.  Nightmare. Where can I find people to help me crop. Is there another  application I can get to crop. Acrobat  17 Pro. Infuriating. I need to crop. X worked great. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the same boat. Is there a way to go back to X? Let me know please if you get a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2024 Jan 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I just say I agree with you!  I was forced into the subscription as well and it is seriously terrible.  It constantly freezes and I can't crop either.  I came on this page to see if I could find a simple solution to fixing the crop problem and saw this and just had to respond with my unhappiness too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having a similar issue. I enabled the updated acrobat view, which allowed me to crop. After disabling the updated view, I was able to crop in that view again. If you're using the old view, this might work for you too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Violetta, where do you go to enable/disable the "updated acrobat view"? Somewhere under "Preferences"? thanks, David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines