• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot disable Home Screen

Participant ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using MacPro with MacOS 11.5.2, Acrobat 2021.005.20058.

I have the "Show Home screen when all documents are closed checkbox" unchecked and yet, the home screen persists in opening when Acrobat is first launched ie, when I double click a pdf, the homescreen opens, not the pdf file. What is really confronting is this does not happen again on subsequent files. It'sonly after the computer is shutdown and then restarted each day.

For the life of me, I cannot understand why Adobe chooses to offer a duplicate file system when it is not required - it is screen clutter for the sake of screen clutter

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Hi Frewity

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described the home screen persist to open even after setting the preferences in the application.

Please try to reboot the computer once and see if that works.

Also try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described in the help page https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792082

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights or ena

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Frewity

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described the home screen persist to open even after setting the preferences in the application.

Please try to reboot the computer once and see if that works.

Also try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described in the help page https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal

Damned Acrobat has reverted again. There must a code error for this to happen.

Now, if I reboot and had not shut down acrobat, on startup the damned home window comes up - infuriating, as if I want my desktop to have something that size uninvited. If I click on the Acrobat icon in the doc, the home window comes up. If I click the Acrobat icon in the applications foilder, the home window comes up. If I click on a pdf, the pdf opens as it should.

How to get rid of the infernal Home page!!! Using the community link you suggested is unfortunately 4 years and ALL of those upgrades out of date, OK, I found all the items because I think I know what I am doing.

Adobe really needs to take stock and appreciate that lots of us are very happy with the MacOS operating system and finder, we do not need Adobe to suggest something else which is a 100 iterations worse than Apples finder system that I have been using since my first NEW MacPlus on which I ran Adobe Illustrator 1.0. Illustrator and Photoshop don't behave like this and there would be hell to pay if they did. Acrobat is a lollipop program that has competitors, I guess Adobe is trying to differentiate itself from those and in the meantime is wrecking what once was a brilliant program to one that caters for everyone. The trick would be to allow users to hide features that do not wish to use and let high end pdf processors and workflow users do what they want.

Best Regards

Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ron

We are sorry to hear that. You may please submit your feedback to the engineering team using the link https://acrobat.uservoice.com/

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here we go again, decided to come back to Acrobhat after using PDF Expert for 12 months (because of it's supeior markup tools - now they have copied Acrobats infernal home screen I came back.  Nooooo, still no way to get rid of the Home Screen. The only Ecosystem users need is Apples. One of the best app experience I have encountered and thoroughly enjoy is Illustrator. Fully optioned and customiseable. Why can't we have floating window options like Illustrators floating tool bar, layers, characters etc, make all software similar etc.  They take up very little screen real estate and make for an uncluttered desktop. Please help, I can't find a way to stop the home screen - so very, very annoying.

Look forward to some guidence

Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2024 Jun 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue still is not solved. Replying to bump this topic. Anyone know of any progress on how to turn off the home screen? Very annoying. The setting in the preferences does NOT work. C'mon Adobe, I know you can do better

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 03, 2024 Jul 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there 

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that

What is the version of the OS and the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 24.02.20857 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once and see if that works.

Let us know how it goes.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines