Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot fill & sign

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having problems filling out the form. I can't write anything because the only thing that appears in the toolbar is 'Sign'

adb.jpg

I spent like 2 hours figuring out what is going on, even uninstalled polish version and installed english but it didn't help, neither did logging in. How can I insert the text in the form?

Thank you in advance.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

This will also happen if you open a form with actual form fields in the "Fill & Sign" tool, the existing form fields can be filled out inside of Fill & Sign or just in Acrobat/Reader outside of the Fill & Sign tool, but any PDF with real "field" (Acroform or XFA) will not show the tools in Fill & Sign to add text fields and checkboxes etc.  Fill & Sign can still be used to add a simple signature to an Acroform and you can just click inside the highlighted fields (should be highlighted) to add in

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe the file is secured or does not allow adding comments or filling-in form fields...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well the form is degined to be filled-in, so that would be odd. I don't see any 'protection', but how can I check it to be 100% sure?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to File - Properties - Security and check what is allowed and what is not allowed there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have spent the last 5 hours trying to find the problem with not being able to sign the adobe reader document.  I have purchased the adobe sign to enable me to get past the download of the signature file and then move past start.

NOTHING IS WORKING.

I can not access a file-security promp

I cannot access a signature

I cannot download and open the file in adobe signature

nor can I sign the document in the reader

This is a complete hoax.

Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me also answer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All are allowed but still i cant find icon to insert text in Fill & Sign

azril_imran_1-1588223359431.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This will also happen if you open a form with actual form fields in the "Fill & Sign" tool, the existing form fields can be filled out inside of Fill & Sign or just in Acrobat/Reader outside of the Fill & Sign tool, but any PDF with real "field" (Acroform or XFA) will not show the tools in Fill & Sign to add text fields and checkboxes etc.  Fill & Sign can still be used to add a simple signature to an Acroform and you can just click inside the highlighted fields (should be highlighted) to add information.

Thanks,

Josh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this EXACT PROBLEM on an iMac running Catalina. I have a fillable form from the MN Secretary of State, and I cannot seem to put any text in the fillable boxes. According to online help, I am supposed to see a toolbar at the top with an abc icon, and it is NOT THERE. The answer below tells me why (an incredible screwup by Adobe), but does not tell me what the work around is. How do I enter text in the fillable boxes -- or is "fill and sign" just a mirage?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the form?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even though the icon of the PDF shows a form that is filled out, I can never see the filled out portions when I open it. And if I wanted to fill it out, I can do so online, but can’t seem to save a filled out copy to my computer. So I *could* just fill it out on my computer, but all the tools listed under “A” in the online help for fill and sign do not appear, as the screen shot shows. In the past, I thought I could fill out a PDF form using Reader. Is that not true anymore? Do I have to rent some other form of Acrobat to be able to do that?

Dan

----
Daniel Pinkerton
Playwright & lyricist
Co-artistic director, Fortune’s Fool Theatre
2113 22nd Avenue S.
Minneapolis MN 55404
tel: 612-298-2783

"I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours."
---Bob Dylan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent an email with a screenshot and the form, but as you'll see below, neither of them can be seen. How can I share them to this forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but this does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Doesn't work. So frustrating!!! hours and hors lost trying to make this work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi navas65593013,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry to hear about the trouble caused

Please let us know about the issue you are experiencing with Fill & Sign feature.

Che ck if the issue occurs with every PDF where you use the feature.

Share the Acrobat and OS version numbers 

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines