• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot open PDFs from Explorer

New Here ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I generally need to have 5-10 PDFs open at any given time. Recently I can only open perhaps 1-3 from Explorer (or Everything, an indexing program I use, or having them automatically open when I download them), before they no longer open. I usually will get the error pop-up "A running instance of Acrobat has caused an error".

I tried all of the fixes at https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/acrobat/kb/failed-to-connect-to-dde-server.html, and none of them worked. I then uninstalled and re-installed Acrobat, which led to the issue I described here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/unable-to-quot-save-as-pdf-quot-or-convert-word-f... (problem with Adobe Word add-in). So I scrubbed both programs and reinstalled both, solving the "Save to PDF" issue but retunring the "A running instance of Acrobat has caused an error". issue.

I can open the files from inside Acrobat, and I can open them with a different PDF program from Explorer.

I am using:

• Acrobat Version: 22.1.20117.0
  • Microsoft® Word for Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2204 Build 16.0.15128.20240) 32-bit
  • Windows 11 Home 22000.675

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Sarah,

I hope you are doing well. I am sorry for your experience with Acrobat.

I tried replicating the steps on my end with the exact specifications, and it worked just fine on my back.

If available, can you try checking for any possible updates to the application?

To check for updates:

1. Open Acrobat;

2. Click on Help Menu;

3. Check for updates.

If there are no updates available, you might want to check from within the application by opening three or more documents simultaneously and check if it opens.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines