• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot save an Excel file as PDF

Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2023 Apr 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Previously, I was able to save Word, Powerpoint and Excel files as PDF files.

For some reason, I now cannot convert Excel files to PDF, but can still convert Word and Powerpoint.

After saving my Excel file, I choose "Save Adobe PDF", and the following window pops up:

Thomas29651146bqg1_0-1682771444532.png

I then click "Convert to PDF", and I am promtped for a file name and location. After completing that, I click "Save". Then the following window pops up, but where the process used to continue, nothing further happens.

Thomas29651146bqg1_1-1682771634289.png

Can anyone help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

right click your excel file and click > open with > acrobat.

===============================================

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post if it helps you get responses.

<moved from using the community>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the exact version number of the application (You can find it out by going to Help - About Adobe Acrobat)? What's the version of Office? What's your OS version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you're experiencing is normal in Excel saving to PDF.

- When you choose to save as PDF, you get the dialogue box/window asking which sheet/sheets you want to include in the PDF. Yours only has one but if you had more, you could choose which ones to include.
- You also get to decide how the sheet is displayed on the page(s) such as to puts the whole sheet on a single page, as you have selected.
- Once you save to the chosen location, the processing window appears until the save is complete.
- In my setup, the PDF then opens in Acrobat. That's because in the save to location window, I have View Result selected. If you don't have that selected, just go to your selected folder in file Explorere and you should see your PDF that you should then be able to open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2023 Apr 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Utian,

Thanks for your suggestion. However, Acrobat never finishes making a PDF. The whole process stalls; I actually have to use Task Manager to end Excel. There is no PDF created in Explorer.

Sincerely,

Thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Thomas29651146bqg1 

is there any problem opening your excel file with acrobat per my suggestion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thomas,
OK - that shouldn't happen. Have you tried using Print and then choosing PDF as the Printer? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! This actually works 🙂

Still don't understand why the other procedure won't work.

Anyway, thanks again! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using print is just a workaround, as it doesn't preprocess the file. If it works and that to your satisfaction, then that is fine. That means that the preprocessing stage is not necessary for you.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue today and searched for a solueiton and saw this thread. I finally figured out what my issue was. It was to do with how the excel file was saved. It was saved as a Excel 97-2003 worksheet. I saved as Excel Workbook (*.xlsx) file and was able to save as PDF after that. I went and checked some other files that were saved under an older version and I could not save as PDF with those as well, unitl I changed the excel file type to the .xlsx file. My guess is 97-2003 is to old school to keep up. lol. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi. This did not work for me. My file is in the .xlsx file and it is not converting. The Adobe won't open the excel either. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines