• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change default form field font

Participant ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know there must be an easy solution to this and I am sure I am not the only one to ask.

When I export an interactive PDF from InDesign, the text fields inherit Times New Roman as the default field font.

It doesn't matter what paragraph style is default in InDesign.

Is there a way to change the default font in Adobe Acrobat Pro XI globally so that it defaults to whatever I choose?

Thanks in advance.

Alan

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Again that is not even a vaguely useful answer and it says by your profile that you are an expert.

My question relates to the default font in Adobe Acrobat for form fields. I don't want to 'click' on anything.

I have found a solution elsewhere posted by someone that is not an expert - just someone that needed an answer and put in the time to find one.

It is beautiful and it is a javascript that is run as an action.

To do this in Adobe Acrobat XI, open Tools and then Action Wizard. Click on 'Create N

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This script doesn't change the default form field font for new fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who cares - I have a form with 200 text fields. I want to specify a particular font that isn't Times New Roman. I don't want to have to select every field and change it. This script solves my problem. Thanks for not helping - another expert with no better solution...

The question has been solved satisfactorily so unless there is someone willing to help with better solutions please don't reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason why "Centering" doesn't work is because the command line is deactivated with "//". Just remove those two backslashes and it would work. Great script though, saved me hours of going page by page in a massive banking form I'm building.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@michaels57386376    I tried your suggestion about the "center"  and //  
but it didn't work for me so then I just changed the word center to "left" and wholaaa  - it worked perfectly.

I'm still trying to figure out how to add padding to the left side - so the text entered in the Form Field wont be butt-up-against the box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! I was having the same exact problem, now I'm not! The. best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does not work. This is ridiculous. A simple no-code function like creayimg a standard font and size for editable fields should not require some dodgy JavaScript which then does not work. Primitive crapware at scale. Adobe is horrendous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so very much!  I have searched for this answer for a very long time!  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much! This helped me TREMENDOUSLY! Shame that Adobe doesn't help us with the simple things...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works great, thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines