• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cntrl+S key command not working the first time.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got updated to Acrobat DC 2022.001.20169 64-bit. When trying to save changes to a document I use the command key Cntrl+S. It's not saving on the first hit. I have to hit Cntrl+S 2 times for it to save. Running on Windows 10 Pro. Any ideas?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I don't have to hit it 2 times. I have to click on File and then the key command will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Hope you are doing well.

If we understand this correctly, you cannot save the document with a first-go keyboard shortcut Ctrl+S. However, the same function works when you click on the File tab. Is that right?

Try this:

1- Close Acrobat and reopen

2- Open task manager, select Acrobat processes from the background, and close them.

3- Open Acrobat, open a different file saved locally on your system and try Ctrl+s.

4- If that doesn't work either, then Open Acrobat>help>repair installation 

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm thinking that you are running another tool that has an open window with some info in it, where you might be typing. These usually block keyboard shortcuts until you click back on the main window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I do run Pitstop Actions often. Turns out I need to click on the document again after running one, then the key command will work. I didn't have to do that in the older version we were running. Thank you for the tips, everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you confirm if this started happening after an unattended  update of Acrobat? or Windows 10 ? 

And which version of Pitstop are you on?

See if, maybe, it needs to be updated in parallel with all other programs (just a guess in the blind here).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We were updated by our IT dept. from Creative Cloud 2017 to current. Although we are currently running Pitstop as a trial version at the moment. Might be the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Deeholmes ,

Hope you are doing well.

Please try the below steps and respond with findings.

1.  If possible, please update Acrobat to latest version : 22.002.20191 and see if issue persists
  2.  In case the issue still persists even after updating, please update the version of  Pitstop tool and check

Hope this helps you out.

Regards,

Ishita Verma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines